International Martial Arts Festival

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I am sure that everyone has probably heard of this event - International Martial Arts Festival

http://www.internationalmartialartsfestival.com/

My son's school had about six kids that participated and two won grand champion. Is this a big competition and does it bring along the same "clout" as a USAT or AAU event?

That would depend on the level of fighter that competed!!!!

Probably not???? Big name Jr and Sr are fighting internationally right now!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That would depend on the level of fighter that competed!!!!

Probably not???? Big name Jr and Sr are fighting internationally right now!

Goriila are your kids going to Pan Am open next month? Zachary is going with the Texas Team, was hoping you was going as well.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Charlie is going to the National team event which coincides with the Open event!

He will be there!!!

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I've never heard of it before. From clicking around and googling a bit, it looks like it's basically part of a theme vacation to Disneyworld. "2500 competing or watching" (mostly watching) seems comperable to the local non-USAT WTF tournaments where I'm at.

From the schedule, it looks like they're trying to do a little bit of everything, so who knows how many TKD competitors there even were. And to be frank and maybe expose some ignorance on my part, but I can't even tell what some of the events are. What is "KICK/Open Martial Arts"? (I googled it, but no dice.) And what martial art is competing in the "Elite World CHampionship"?

outsider0506

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with WaterGal. I've taken note of these types of "mixed" events over the years and haven't been very interested.

"2500 Competing or Watching" at a mixed event pales in comparison to ~2000 competitors at the 2013 USAT US Open Championship, all competing in Olympic TKD Sparring and/or Kukkiwon TKD Poomse. Big USAT events (e.g. US Open, US Nationals) attract top competitors in the country because USAT is connected to the US Olympic Committee.

Latest Discussions