Interesting take on the Orlando incident

Discussion in 'Security and Bouncers' started by Juany118, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Buka

Buka Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    I fully support everyone and anyone's beliefs and faiths. I hope they also support mine.

I am a proud heathen infidel. And God loves me, too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Juany118

Juany118 Senior Master

• Supporting Member
    Let me clarify on thing I said regarding Islam and the Old and New Testaments etc. They basically see the prophets the same way that Christians do, each profit imparting the next portion of God's will to the people. Their view of Christ is even more interesting. They believe he was born of the Virgin Mary, that he performed miracles and that he Ascended into Heaven, though they are contradictory on whether he rose from the dead (some deny the crucifixion. They also believe that he will return to restore justice and cast down the "false prophet" (vs anti-trust) as Mohammed is the last Prophet. The theology of all of this however is based on what was eventually seen as the "heretical" beliefs of the Christian Sects that rose in the Arabian peninsula.

There are essentially two ways to view Islam (the following should not be seen as an endorsement of Either view, I am on board with Buka's sentiment ;) )

Either as they claim, that the faith is simply the end game of a continuing revelation from God via a series of prophets culminating in Mohammed or as a religion intentionally designed to be as open and encouraging of conversion of the two most dynamic monotheistic Faiths in the region at the time.

3. maryf

maryf Yellow Belt

I wonder I have missed the incident news. Can someone summarize highlights? And why the topic, in fact news is here in martial arts talk? :lurking:

4. Juany118

Juany118 Senior Master

• Supporting Member
    2016 Orlando nightclub shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As it is under the "bouncers" category, it is about overall tactics and security measures. The first thing regarding bouncers, in the opinion of many, is to have proper plans in place so you don't have an incident period. Kinda like in personal self defense when you look to target hardening and de-escalation to try and avoid an attack you need to physically defend.

Problem is people went off topic and started going into theological weeds due to the nature of the incident and I am the kinda guy who when asked a question wants to answer them (if I have the knowledge) because to do otherwise seems rude.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016