Ingenious Bottle Stash!

The dog can smell no matter where you put things! And they wish nothing more than to smell out the "prize"! There is no hiding contraband from the hund!

The dog can smell no matter where you put things! And they wish nothing more than to smell out the "prize"! There is no hiding contraband from the hund!

I do not doubt that a dog's sense of smell far supersedes that of a human and most other mammals. However, the dog has to be first lead to the "bottle" before it can smell it. The bottle could be placed casually in a cooler (if traveling) or in the fridge. An officer that may not know better may open the fridge and see the bottle with perhaps couple of others of same size, brand ... shake it and even look at it as shown in the vid... if done right the first glance the bottle would go un-noticed or even ignored.
I believe only a prolonged and detailed search would reveal the secrets of this bottle...
But consider the applications for a casual thief doing a break in during the day. Quickly this could be a good stash.
Still it's ingenious I think.

I didn't watch the whole video. These have been around for years, both commercially and homemade. We're well aware of them in law enforcement... I've seen 'em with water, soda, and just about anything else.

With regards to canines... The best analogy I've heard for a K9's nose is to compare it with your eyesight. You look at, say, a pizza. You see bread, pepperoni (and you can even distinguish size and differences in the pieces of pepperoni), sauce, tomatoes, and so on. Even things that are very close in size, color, or visual texture are pretty easy to discern, right? Or, if you look at a tree, you see all the different shadings of the leaves and the bark, and so on. Well, a dog's nose works like your eyes. Let's look at a vehicle search on the side of the road. Me? I smell brake lining, air freshener, the unique funk of a person who's been driving that car for 2 days with barely a break, stale fast food, etc. The dog? He smells asbestos, burnt fibers, burnt rubber, french fries (from 3 different vats of oil), air freshener, BO consisting of stale sweat (including fear sweat, sick sweat, and too-hot sweat), two brands of deodorant that failed, several kinds of bacteria smells, and more, air freshener (fake lemon and fake pine tree both), cheeseburger (American cheese, ketchup, mustard, onions, bread), Reuben (corned beef, 'kraut, dressing, rye bread), and lots more. And -- he smells dope. But he hasn't been taught to care about most of that... he just wants that dope 'cause he knows that if he gets the dope, he gets praised and he gets his toy or treat.

Back