Imprisoned in your own home

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Well, thought I'd give you guys an update. My neighbour who's lived in this area for 20-30 years or so, is somewhat hard, went and had a word with some of the families who's kids were doing this. Apparently our neighbour was saying they're all junkies. Their kids were riding round on their bikes on the streets at around 11-12 midnight. They're roughly 7-9 years of age... What's that about?

So far in the last few days, quiet. Very quiet. We'll see. Thanks for the support peeps.

Glad to hear that things have been better. If what your neighbor says about the parents is accurate, its really not surprising how their kids act. If they don't have a positive role model to follow, they'll never know any better.

Mike

OP
Kensai

Kensai

Black Belt
Reaction score
MJS said:
Glad to hear that things have been better. If what your neighbor says about the parents is accurate, its really not surprising how their kids act. If they don't have a positive role model to follow, they'll never know any better.

Mike

Absolutely. Totally agree. Shame it's like this, but the amount of damage drugs do to communities is immeasureable.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to hear things have been quiet for you Kensai and I hope they remain that way. Good Luck and let us know if anything else happens.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kensai said:
Absolutely. Totally agree. Shame it's like this, but the amount of damage drugs do to communities is immeasureable.

Yes, it is a shame. Here, in many of the larger cities, where shootings tend to happen on a regular basis, often involving young kids, the first thing to usually come out of the mouth of the residents there is, "Why aren't the Police doing anything about this?" The first thing that I think is" Why were these young kids out at that hour of the night in the first place?" People tend to put the blame on someone else, instead of taking responsibility for their own actions and the actions of their kids.

Mike

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
I hope things stay quiet for you man. Also, if the community can vouch for the fact that there are 7-9 yr olds running the streets that late, maybe the police can enforce a curfew for kids of a certain age that late. Good parents or bad parents, makes no difference, the law should be all over that. If one of those kids gets hurt on their bikes or worse that late, any parent would scream bloody murder over their kid(even if a parent is a junkie). 1 of the worst sayings I have heard is "It takes a village to raise a child". Not that the saying is not profound and that a good community can help children, it is the fact thay sooo many parents use that saying as an excuse to wash their hands of their own resposibilties and say the butcher or the green grocer or the librarian should have kept my child from throwing rocks and destroying crap. That is a big issue here in the states, and it is not just a class thing of just poor white trash ect... even well off families in Potomac near DC who have safe communities and access to good education and oppurtunity will disregard their own children because thay feel so self important that they can not be bothered with involving themselves with their kids life. I have seen some "rich kids" commit stupid crimes because they felt that no-one will punish them because my daddy is a Senator or my mommy is a lawyer. Even in the best of communities, kids can go bad. Hang on brotherman, and hope all stays peacefull. Keep this situation in mind as you raise your child in the future, watch out, some really messed up things can come at kids nowa days, and a parent must try to armour their children as best they can. Event that does not always work. Not trying to scare you, just keep you on your toes for your little one. Some of the **** I have seen growing up near DC can make you want to ride a tank to work. Keep safe. PEACE