Importantance of Head Movement

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just standing there like an upright dummy lol.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Head off line is kind of the theory. I use the rocky creed quote in front of the mirror a bit for this.

Every time you punch there is one coming back.

Otherwise when your head moves your hips should follow so you are not hanging out there waiting to get popped.
Good point. I know a technique that is based on this. It's a strange one, but it's a combination technique. The way it works is that the first punch causes the person to move their head off the center line. The second punch catches the head coming back to the center line. There is MOVING THE CENTER LINE vs MOVING OFF THE CENTER LINE.

My first use of the technique was insane because I had to pull my punches off target to prevent from knocking my fellow classmate into a daze. Even though I pulled the punches off target they were punching at full depth of his head. With my fist passing close to his head, it looked as if I could punch completely through. I had a good laugh because my classmate thought he was slipping punches, and I guess that's part of why the technique works. People usually slip punches from left to right or right to left. But because they don't actually move the center line, one can count on the head coming back to the center line.

I couldn't resist
She had head movement. Bobble head movement and whiplash head movement.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On the Rousey thing....

Boxing coach.jpeg

There's her "boxing" coach. Who does not know thing one about boxing. Especially head movement.
And why, in Heaven's name, would you take an outstanding, tremendously successful, and undefeated Judoka and try to turn her into a boxer? I mean, why?

Yeah, she should have known better. But she wasn't that sharp. I still feel bad for her. Or, more to the point, what he did for/to her. The fucktard.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
On the Rousey thing....

View attachment 21286

There's her "boxing" coach. Who does not know thing one about boxing. Especially head movement.
And why, in Heaven's name, would you take an outstanding, tremendously successful, and undefeated Judoka and try to turn her into a boxer? I mean, why?

Yeah, she should have known better. But she wasn't that sharp. I still feel bad for her. Or, more to the point, what he did for/to her. The fucktard.

Holly holms traded with Cyborg for 15 minutes.She is a phenomenal striker.

But what this means is good striking kind of sets everything else up. so even if your plan was grappling it puts a spanner in that as well.

You could say the same about kabib vs barbosa.But if you are getting dismantled you will always look a bit technically deficient.