I'm Mister White Christmas, I'm Mister Snow. I'm Mister Icicle, I'm Mister Ten Below...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A Miser Brothers' Christmas

A Miser Brothers' Christmas is an upcoming spin-off special based on the characters from 1973 Rankin-Bass special The Year Without a Santa Claus. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, the rightsholders of the post-1973 Rankin Bass library and Toronto-based Cuppa Coffee Studios, the one-hour special will premiere on ABC Family December 13, 2008 during the network's The 25 Days of Christmas programming stunt.

I love Snow Miser! I'll tolerate his worthless brother Heat Miser for it.

Attachments

• $300px-Snowmiser.jpg
    $300px-Snowmiser.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 174

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Snow Miser has his lame-*** bro' beat by a parsec or two. No question---the wiseass arctic New York-type guy vs. his petulant whiney useless sibling?? No comparison!

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm Mister Lives In Hawaii. I surfed on Thanksgiving...and did Martial Arts, outside.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That was my favorite Christmas special when I was a kid, and solely for the song those two did! lol Great memories. :asian:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think my favorite was The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus---the kind of eerie one about how Santa earned his immortality from the Council of Immortals, based on the novel by Frank Baum, who created the Wizard of Oz series of books. It's a very strange Christmas tale, full of elements of old pagan and animistic beliefs... quite wonderful and extraordinary, really. Not much singing (though there's one terrific song about a little carved wooden cat), but some incredible visual effects.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm Mister Lives In Hawaii. I surfed on Thanksgiving...and did Martial Arts, outside.

Sorry for bragging. I was responding more the title then to the show. It gave me a chuckle.

Anyway, I loved this show!

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be great if the new one used the Rankin/Bass puppets, and wasn't a cartoon or CGI something or other like Shrek. All those old one Rankin/Bass puppet epics, like the one with the BurgerMeister Meister Burger and the Winter Warlock were always a great Christmas time watch in my house, for all seven of us kids :D

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would be great if the new one used the Rankin/Bass puppets, and wasn't a cartoon or CGI something or other like Shrek. All those old one Rankin/Bass puppet epics, like the one with the BurgerMeister Meister Burger and the Winter Warlock were always a great Christmas time watch in my house, for all seven of us kids :D

Absolutely!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Gosh how sad.
icon9.gif
I hope you are doing okay? If you need to talk to somebody regarding your weather there let me know.
icon6.gif
I trained outside for a bit the other day in about six inches of snow. It was fantastic.
icon10.gif

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course I love the snow miser!!!
icon10.gif

See, this is what is so interesting... everyone who's checked in so far has a way better opinion of Snow Miser than Heat Miser, including me.... now, why is that?? Do you think Bass & Co. intended that? Or did they just create two kind of loopy characters, one of whom seems to be much more appealing than the other, without intending to do that? Both of them are jealous of their 'territory', both get in trouble with their mum, Mother Nature... I don't get the sense that the creators of the show intended SM to be 'good' and HM to be 'bad'.... so why do we all seem to like SM so much better??

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gosh how sad.
icon9.gif
I hope you are doing okay? If you need to talk to somebody regarding your weather there let me know.
icon6.gif
I trained outside for a bit the other day in about six inches of snow. It was fantastic.
icon10.gif

Thanks, Brian, its good to know you're there for me...

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
See, this is what is so interesting... everyone who's checked in so far has a way better opinion of Snow Miser than Heat Miser, including me.... now, why is that?? Do you think Bass & Co. intended that?

From Wikipedia:

Snow Miser is allegedly based on Spiro Agnew while his nemesis brother Heat Miser is based on Richard Nixon.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
From Wikipedia:

Snow Miser is allegedly based on Spiro Agnew while his nemesis brother Heat Miser is based on Richard Nixon.

Really?????

But why do we like SM so much?? I mean, likeability wasn't exactly Spiral Corkscrew's long suit, eh?