Ilearned bassai dai but need help.

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
I learned bassai dai and i need a website where it show s pics of the kats if possibel or instructions how to do the kata. I remember up to the shuto/open handed block. I like learning new katas it makes me happy and energetic. I learned heian yodan and godan they were fun and also teno kata sandan. Heain godan was unoficial learned from my cousin.I just need help on bassai dai. It was new kata and my best advanced kata learned. I will feel crazy until i learn that kata. it was too goood of a kata. I must know every inch of it. i cant wait about 6 more days for my next session of this kata.It was a really energetic kata to me and i like it just like heain yodan ,teno kata or tekki sho or You may call nefanshin shodan. Im not looking for mistakes on writing because i want t replys to websites really fast on bassai dai. Thanks for the website that do come.I feel like a electricity running through my blood because of this kata. bassai dai is the best kata now in my mind until i learn a really fun kata.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
thepanjr said:
I learned bassai dai and i need a website where it show s pics of the kats if possibel or instructions how to do the kata. I remember up to the shuto/open handed block. I like learning new katas it makes me happy and energetic. I learned heian yodan and godan they were fun and also teno kata sandan. Heain godan was unoficial learned from my cousin.I just need help on bassai dai. It was new kata and my best advanced kata learned. I will feel crazy until i learn that kata. it was too goood of a kata. I must know every inch of it. i cant wait about 6 more days for my next session of this kata.It was a really energetic kata to me and i like it just like heain yodan ,teno kata or tekki sho or You may call nefanshin shodan. Im not looking for mistakes on writing because i want t replys to websites really fast on bassai dai. Thanks for the website that do come.I feel like a electricity running through my blood because of this kata. bassai dai is the best kata now in my mind until i learn a really fun kata.

Is Bassai Dai a required kata for your next grading or is this unofficial?

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
thepanjr said:

I realize this may extremely “radical” thinking for some people on MT but hey here is a novel idea. Why don’t you ask your teacher to show you the kata, and if you don’t have a teacher why don’t you get one instead of learning something half *** off the internet?

OP
T

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
i know this officially but i only know parts of it and i want to learn the rest of it. I have like 6 days till y next class till i learn the new kata which i learned. I like to train on katas and it is my newest one so i could get better if i know more of it and train. Definetely it a brow n belt kata but i learned it from another teacher. I have two teachers. I will not show off just practice.Im sorry but i dont want websites anymore. I wont do this agian. Bye. i need more improvements though. wow im back on the red reputation agian and thank you and come agian. I learned something out of your words never learn from interenet. Well ill do my best to get back on the green. Hey other people forget about this thread> just pass by it please. I dont want any more red. well bassai dai is interesting. I dont want to cheat but i still like this kata and you can not stop my like for this kata. So keep in mind that this makes me want to learn it more. So thank you for your comment. it makes me feel to learn the kata even more. So i dont feel bad just happy. I learned enough. no more please.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I realize this may extremely “radical” thinking for some people on MT but hey here is a novel idea. Why don’t you ask your teacher to show you the kata, and if you don’t have a teacher why don’t you get one instead of learning something half *** off the internet?

Robert, he is only a boy, not an adult who should know better. With that being said...

thepanjr - don't sweat the rep to much. Keep posting your questions. I like to see your enthusiasm for the martial arts. My advice. Slow down. Ask your teacher about the kata when you have the chance. Practice what you know for sure. Bassai is a difficult form. There are a lot of moves and you will not learn it in one day. Be patient, these harder kata are worth the wait to learn correctly.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Robert, he is only a boy, not an adult who should know better. With that being said...

thepanjr - don't sweat the rep to much. Keep posting your questions. I like to see your enthusiasm for the martial arts. My advice. Slow down. Ask your teacher about the kata when you have the chance. Practice what you know for sure. Bassai is a difficult form. There are a lot of moves and you will not learn it in one day. Be patient, these harder kata are worth the wait to learn correctly.
Yes, one should not be so harsh on a poster whom posts needing responses other than hard-cold suggestions like something half a$$.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Yes, one should not be so harsh on a poster whom posts needing responses other than hard-cold suggestions like something half a$$.
I have noticed you have been following me around MT and posting on most, if not all, the same threads I have been for the last couple of days after I exposed you on your fabricated teacher and style.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
After reading several of his posts and his profile he is either what you say, a boy, or someone pretending to be one.

If I went by his user profile alone I would say he is a Troll.

thepanjr:
it name too hard for ppl to understand Location:
Toronto Primary Art and Ranking:
a belt lower than everyone.(Truly green) Interests:
karate Arts:
reb tai dai, Iwant to try tkd Training:
katas Organizations:
taofk&j Occupation:
student

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I have noticed you have been following me around MT and posting on most, if not all, the same threads I have been for the last couple of days after I exposed you on your fabricated teacher and style.
Hmmn, I have no intention of following you around. And I have not fabricated anything,,,,and you cannot prove that he did not exist. And I had more than one instructor and style.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
Hmmn, I have no intention of following you around. And I have not fabricated anything,,,,and you cannot prove that he did not exist. And I had more than one instructor and style.
:lol:
and you can't seem to prove he did exist...You claimed he exists. ...the burden of proof is on you not me.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
This one is of interest me. As to how you exposed someone over a forum. I would agree with you after reading some of thepanjr's posts, but I would also have to say that we are here to share knowledge and advice. We are not really here to pick each other apart.

thepanjr, I woould like to know which version of Bassai dai you are learning. Which style does the version come from? I currently know three version of Passai dai and they all differ somewhat. If you tell me what style your version comes from I might be able to direct you to a mpeg of your version.

Don't worry about the dingers on your reputation, it builds character.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
:lol:
and you can't seem to prove he did exist...You claimed he exists. ...the burden of proof is on you not me.
I have addresses/info on others whom have trained with me under him also. Do you want these?

And lets not hi jack this thread and remain on topic...

I think the thread originator was looking for some supplemental means to "quinch his thirst" for his insatiable eager to learn.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
searcher said:
1)[font=&quot] [/font]This one is of interest me. As to how you exposed someone over a forum. I would agree with you after reading some of thepanjr's posts, but

2)[font=&quot] [/font]I would also have to say that we are here to share knowledge and advice. We are not really here to pick each other apart.

1)[font=&quot] [/font]If you send me an email I will tell you about it.

2)[font=&quot] [/font]I agree. These forums were made to discuss topics and if possible learn something. However, it’s when people come here and claim certain things, claim to have trained in certain arts, or claim to have certain skills that are “questionable” that do everyone a disservice by spreading their “information” and “knowledge”. I am not saying let’s round up everyone and put them through an inquisition before they post but I do think when these individuals post and can not or simply will not support their claims that we need to be wary of them. It is that sort of information that misleads people seriously trying to learn something on these boards.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This one is of interest me. As to how you exposed someone over a forum. I would agree with you after reading some of thepanjr's posts, but I would also have to say that we are here to share knowledge and advice. We are not really here to pick each other apart.

Yes, the exposure is one-sided without actual physical evidence.

And yes, we should not be here to pock each other apart. For we know nothing of each member personally.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
47MartialMan said:
For we know nothing of each member personally.
Knowing each other personally is not needed. There is no need to know what each others favorite ice cream is in order to reply to what people post here. People post their thoughts and others post theirs. These boards are supposed to be some sort of information/intellectual exchange not a house warming party.

OP
T

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey ill just learn it in a couple of weeks or so. It's fine with me. I think i got to excited of this kata. It the hardest kata to me. I saw it was so long. Im learning the modern version in shotokan series. I found the style i go to is not reb tai dai actually its nei tai dai which is wahin ryu. my style i snot 100 percent shotakan. The katas look the same but with more flow and speed. There are definetely more katas than other styles. I saw so much katas which the blac belts did for demonstaration in the tournamnet. I checked the shotoakan website for how many katas are yhere. there is 24 or 26. Most katas are from shotokan. In our style there is heian rokudan. That's weird. I only saw on shotokan website up to heian shodan to godan.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
thepanjr said:
In our style there is heian rokudan. That's weird. I only saw on shotokan website up to heian shodan to godan.

Indeed it is weird, because there is no Heian (or Pinan) 6 in any style I've heard of. Anko Itosu created the 5 Pinan (or Heian) kata, so this sixth must be somebody's own creation

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
After reading several of his posts and his profile he is either what you say, a boy, or someone pretending to be one.

If I went by his user profile alone I would say he is a Troll.

thepanjr:
it name too hard for ppl to understand Location:
Toronto Primary Art and Ranking:
a belt lower than everyone.(Truly green) Interests:
karate Arts:
reb tai dai, Iwant to try tkd Training:
katas Organizations:
taofk&j Occupation:
student

He may be pretending, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt. In another post of his, he said he just turned 14. With that being said, I expect a little immaturity. PM me and I'll fill you in on some more info if you wish. Regardless, I like his enthusiasm for Karate and I hope those feelings that be bolstered by his membership to MT.

The attitude we are seeing is something common in kids all across America. They want to learn fast and they want to learn now. Instant gratification. That won't take you far in the martial arts though.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
thepanjr said:
Hey ill just learn it in a couple of weeks or so. It's fine with me. I think i got to excited of this kata. It the hardest kata to me. I saw it was so long. Im learning the modern version in shotokan series. I found the style i go to is not reb tai dai actually its nei tai dai which is wahin ryu. my style i snot 100 percent shotakan. The katas look the same but with more flow and speed. There are definetely more katas than other styles. I saw so much katas which the blac belts did for demonstaration in the tournamnet. I checked the shotoakan website for how many katas are yhere. there is 24 or 26. Most katas are from shotokan. In our style there is heian rokudan. That's weird. I only saw on shotokan website up to heian shodan to godan.

Interesting note about heian rokudan. I've never heard of that before also. If you learn it, perhaps you could share some information about it with us. Also, feel free to share more information about Bassai...after you learn all of the moves. Alot of us have been practicing that form for many years and we may have some insights that may be of interest.

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
They want to learn fast and they want to learn now. Instant gratification. That won't take you far in the martial arts though.

That's what I was thinking when I read this from panjr regarding kata Bassai

thepanjr said:
Hey ill just learn it in a couple of weeks or so

It's not going to that easy... I've only been doing this style of karate for less than 4 years and I am nowhere near satisfied that I've learned even one kata properly. Sure, I can execute most of our styles core kata quite ok, but the way we're taught, that is only the "outside form" (to use a direct translation of my teacher's words). Then you still need to understand the kata and what's happening there. For us, kata Bassai (we don't have the separate Dai and Sho versions, luckily) is a requirement for 3. dan, and I think for a good reason :) The kata itself seems simple, but I can only guess at what kind of applications it contains. We've been shown some of them, and they are very basic applications, even kind of unrealistic (but they help you remember the moves, at least in my case)

Latest Discussions