If you had the chance

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you had the chance to train with anyone in the past who would it be.
My choices would be:
Gichen Funikoshi
Oyama
Remy Presas
Wally Jay (though still around he no longer teaches)
Hohan Soken
Myamota Musashi

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, Remy Presas, Here in now the lopez family...God Bless America

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Won Kuk Lee.

Would love to compare what and how he taught to what and how I practice and teach Tae Kwon Do, as well as get his input.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm a TKD gal, but I would like to train with Gichen Funikoshi. And train with my old TSD grandmaster (he's still around in NJ). There's others, but I can't think of them at the moment (haven't had enough coffee LOL).

F

Firona

So far as hand to hand (or foot to foot) goes mine would all be more modern because sport style fighting appeals more to me. So for this it would be Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, and Bill 'superfoot' Wallace. For the sword though we are going to jump into the past and go with Miyamoto Musashi, Okita Souji and Tajima Juubei (yagyuu shinkage ryu)

S

ShenChuan_Ninja

Bruce Lee with out a doubt! But also, Reme Presas, George Dillman, and in october i actually do get to train with Wally J. he and my instructor Joe R. Lansdale are friends and he has agreed to do a seminar at our dojo! Also i would love to train with Uncle Bill. Anyone who knows who he is would have to agree! he has a difficult name and tells students to call him that. he is in my opinion one of the greats.

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
ShenChuan_Ninja said:
Bruce Lee with out a doubt! But also, Reme Presas, George Dillman, and in october i actually do get to train with Wally J. he and my instructor Joe R. Lansdale are friends and he has agreed to do a seminar at our dojo! Also i would love to train with Uncle Bill. Anyone who knows who he is would have to agree! he has a difficult name and tells students to call him that. he is in my opinion one of the greats.
Where is yous school located, I was just wandering because last I heard Wally was really sick, Me and my instructor were wanting to go out to see Wally as my instructor is also good friends with Wally. I have been to a bunch of Dillmans seminars as I am in DKI we are having George down for a seminar at Nov 11 in Florence Ky just 20 min outside of Cincinnati Oh if you want more info pm me

tntma12

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would have loved to have trained with O Sensie, the founder of Aikido.

Bruce Lee

Bill Wallace

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seisho Aragaki
General Choi-in his prison days
Ed Parker
Dr. Chitose

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like Tez, I would of course want to train with Hironori Ohtsuka

Others:
Choki Motobu
Sokon Matsumura
Fang Q&#299;niáng
Toru Takamizawa

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
As strange as this sounds, at this stage of my development i wouldn't want to train ba gua with anyone other than my current teacher, Master Shao Zhao Ming. Not because he knows everything, or is the best practitioner of Ba gua zhang (although he's at least 500 times better than i can ever hope to be!), but because he is a good teacher with a strong syllabus and i trust him to have my best interests in mind as a student.
I recognise that the time will come when this may change, but that's a long way off right now.

Tabris

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yip Man
Yim Wing Chun
Toshishiro Obata (Not dead I know)
Chan Kong Sang (also not dead, but hell, my choice :p )
and of course Lee Jun-Fan.

:ultracool

Fushichou

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
James Mitose: At least in part to discover firsthand if he was really a great master or not.

Fujita Seiko: A chance to learn Koga-ryu before it became extinct.

Miyamoto Musashi: Learn kenjutsu from the greatest swordsman to ever live.

Morihei Ueshiba: Enough said.