If you could travel back in time and change one thing in the past, what would it be?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Twenty years old and you want to make the whole human race go extinct?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a much tougher order than you think it is. You'd have to go far enough in time to when humanity started (if it even has a set starting point; evolution's tricky like that), and find where the pre-people/first humans were, and kill them all. While avoiding getting killed from the environment before you somehow manage to find them. Any other way to make humanity go extinct is something you could probably have just as much luck doing now as in the past (ie: bringing back nuclear bombs; you could just nuke the world but good luck figuring out how).

I'm not even going to ask why...that sounds like bait to me.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's a much tougher order than you think it is. You'd have to go far enough in time to when humanity started (if it even has a set starting point; evolution's tricky like that), and find where the pre-people/first humans were, and kill them all. While avoiding getting killed from the environment before you somehow manage to find them. Any other way to make humanity go extinct is something you could probably have just as much luck doing now as in the past (ie: bringing back nuclear bombs; you could just nuke the world but good luck figuring out how).

I'm not even going to ask why...that sounds like bait to me.

If you got the maths right you could probably just step on one troglodyte.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think I would sneak up and free Jesus off the cross.

I have no idea what effect that would have.

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Non-violently prevent the priest that saved Hitler from drowning as a child.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Non-violently prevent the priest that saved Hitler from drowning as a child.
lol. Going for that slick distraction where you ask for directions, or set up a meeting for him that day lol. Sneaky.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would sneak up and free Jesus off the cross.

I have no idea what effect that would have.

The law at the time was that anyone put on a cross on the Friday morning would be taken down before the Sabbath started on the Friday evening instead of being left there for the days it took to die so it was never intended for him to die ...........

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The law at the time was that anyone put on a cross on the Friday morning would be taken down before the Sabbath started on the Friday evening instead of being left there for the days it took to die so it was never intended for him to die ...........
Still a better plan than mine. The best I could think of was to save the dinosaurs lol. Find out a way to prevent that mass extinction and see where that takes the world. Will it continue on it's path or will they still go extinct.

My thought about Jesus is that I would probably go back and Jesus would say to leave him there, then I'll be stuck with the choice of directly going against Jesus or following Jesus. The scenario gets depressing from there so I figure. Saving dinosaurs would be interesting. To see what becomes of it.

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still a better plan than mine. The best I could think of was to save the dinosaurs lol. Find out a way to prevent that mass extinction and see where that takes the world. Will it continue on it's path or will they still go extinct.

My thought about Jesus is that I would probably go back and Jesus would say to leave him there, then I'll be stuck with the choice of directly going against Jesus or following Jesus. The scenario gets depressing from there so I figure. Saving dinosaurs would be interesting. To see what becomes of it.

He'd be expecting to survive the experience and perhaps he did, you could find out, then perhaps Christianity wouldn't have taken the turn it did and millions of lives would be saved. My stalker from MT would be really annoyed with that!

Latest Discussions