I Like Making Music On Th...The The Computer.

Discussion in 'The Computer Room - Computer Talk' started by KangTsai, Mar 23, 2017.

1. KangTsai

KangTsai 2nd Black Belt

Hi. Recently I've been completely hooked in teaching myself music production. It takes top priority of my spare time as of late. I'm not too good, but I think I'm learning fast. Anyone else do anything similar?
    Here's a sample of my newest beat project - junguru beat sample.wav

2. Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks Sr. Grandmaster

• Martial Talk Alumni
    I tried a course on Coursera for songwriting. It was quite entertaining and informative, but I did not complete it. I think it is a great course (free as well) for the right kind of person, which I unfortunately am not.

Songwriting: Writing the Lyrics - Berklee | Coursera

I love and appreciate good music. But it seems my talents are in listening, rather than creating.

Good work!

3. gpseymour

gpseymour Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    I appear to have that same issue. Shows up on the guitar, as well. Now that I think of it, it also applies to whisky. Maybe I have a genetic condition...

4. hoshin1600

hoshin1600 Master Black Belt

i am familar with music and production but im old school, where we had to pay studio time and the mixing board was wider than your arms could reach. so i would say i am analog recording literate but digital not much.

5. wingchun100

wingchun100 Senior Master

I have a lot of gear where I could record at home, but I don't have the time. LOL

Got myself EZ Drummer because that is the only instrument I cannot play...well, within the context of the kinds of songs I write anyway. (I compose with two guitars, bass and drums in mind. Vocals too. Sometimes backing vocals, sometimes harmonica for acoustic stuff. I cannot play piano/keyboard either, although I would love to learn that and add it into the mix.)

6. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng Sr. Grandmaster

I almost went to college at Berklee for Recording engineering...... but by no means does that imply I have any talent for writing music...cause I don't

7. wingchun100

wingchun100 Senior Master

Producers often don't. However, sometimes they can hear what would make a band sound better...better than the band members themselves!

8. KabutoKouji

KabutoKouji Orange Belt

I like making electronic sounds on my computer, though I haven't in quite a while at this stage tbh, too much anime watching and procrastination:

raytrace

9. Martial D

Martial D Purple Belt

Indeed, I undertook a similar project some years back. I had no experience with this sort of thing, but it's still available on SoundCloud.

dre4d