I hurt my finger

Discussion in 'Grappling / Brazilian Ju Jitsu / Wrestling' started by Darknight, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member

Nah just knowing smiles and a couple of straight out laughs :D When the Guard Commander of the day next door to gym has a prosthetic leg after having his blown off by an ied you get no sympathy if you moan about a hurt finger, besides our instructor thinks Tiger Balm cures everything , even a broken arm, and he was a Combat Medic :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Darknight

Darknight White Belt

Thanks for all the replies, i eventually got the MRI scan and had to pay for it myself. Its not the most comfortable or quickest procedure - very noisy and i had to do a superman pose to get my hand scan as i wasnt keen on having my whole body in the scanner. I then had to make another appointment with the doctor. He essentially said i was fine and didn't need a splint or anything and referred me to hand therapy to get my finger mobilisation back but i am doing that myself. I think he said there was a bit of fluid build up in the finger and signs of tendonitis but i cant remember now. Im going to go back to training tomorrow though im sure the finger isnt straight now, it still has a noticeable bump to me and it is still a bit painful :arghh:

3. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member

Well I'm glad you had to pay and didn't clog up the NHS or cost taxpayers for your MRI for something your doctor could have told you very easily.
    Using it while it's still painful is a sure way to make sure it doesn't heal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. irondome

irondome Orange Belt

Buy dit da jow,. use it 3 times a day,. Wash your hands 30 mins after use,. Do not touch food unless your hand is washed good
    1. It should reduce inflammation and pain, it should also heal faster ,. I like to buy from shen martial arts

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020 at 6:39 PM
  5. Darknight

Darknight White Belt

hmm interesting idea, it is still inflamed , there is a Chinese herbal medicine shop i always walk past but on reading through the internet there is no one standard recipe for dit da jow

6. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    Stop using the finger until it's healed, it will never get better if you continue to train with it. Ibuprofen for the inflammation.123