i haven't been on for a while but....

claireg31

Orange Belt
Reaction score
...at the beginning of the month i graded for my 1st dan and i got it.

i've finally recovered from it, my feet have been sore ever since, however i'm putting that down to having to train in shoes now due to an injury!

it was hard work but i have to say that i enjoyed every single minute of it, sick with nerves before hand but with in 20 mins of starting i was loving it!

so i've now started learning Nianchi EE Dan, which i think i've now got most of the moves, just need to practice, practice, practice and i've started learning our knife form, Jang Gum Ill, i think, not sure actually, i repeat it after sir but its not sticking yet!

very grateful that the gradings for Dan grades are every two-three years or so, plenty time to learn everything and recover!

claire

Yossarian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congrats Claire, glad it went well.

Knife is Dan Gum, I think you guys must have a different weapons curriculum to us. We learn a knife form at cho dan bo and a sword form at first dan.

OP
C

claireg31

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i've noticed that!

just glad to learning something other than bo staff, i live in fear of taking an ear off with my bo staff!!

however, we were doing knife for about half an hour last night and my left arm/hand is killing me today!!

was getting told off last night for not drinking enough water, was so lethargic last night, doesn't help that its a Monday and i've a million and one things to do at work through the day!

must remember its Dan Gu, it will sink eventually

JT_the_Ninja

Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats!

Lucky you to be learning a knife form; ITF only has bong forms in terms of weapons, although we do sword/knife defense.

Keep working, and remember; now you're past the preliminaries. It all starts at cho dan. :D

Tang Soo!

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congratulations, Claire! One of the new Cho Dans at my school told me that the colored ranks were learning the ABC's and that Cho Dan was learning how to write.

OP
C

claireg31

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations, Claire! One of the new Cho Dans at my school told me that the colored ranks were learning the ABC's and that Cho Dan was learning how to write.

we said something similar!

however, i'm sure glad i spent all that time learning my ABC!!!

what i have noticed though throughout all my training is that the more experience you get the easier it is to learn forms, not saying they are easy but just the techniques don't seem so difficult!

JWLuiza

Black Belt
Reaction score
we said something similar!

however, i'm sure glad i spent all that time learning my ABC!!!

what i have noticed though throughout all my training is that the more experience you get the easier it is to learn forms, not saying they are easy but just the techniques don't seem so difficult!

Yes, the chunking gets easier. I can learn the sequences in less than an hour now for most hyung.

Question: Any video of said test?

Congrats--

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many congratulations on 'learning how to write', Claire. That step to back sash is an important one.

OP
C

claireg31

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes, the chunking gets easier. I can learn the sequences in less than an hour now for most hyung.

Question: Any video of said test?

Congrats--

there a couple of the forms vids on my friends bebo profile, i'll see if i can get a link

Master K

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congrats! Please keep us posted on your progress as you move up through the ranks!

Latest Discussions