I hate the TSA!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who's being harassed? You keep using that term. I see no harassment. Also nobody's being fondled. A pat down isn't fondling if it was I've fondled a lot of nasty dirty men in my time.

Tens of thousands of complaints, hundreds of screeners arrested but there's no problem?

ooook.

Complaints against TSA workers up 26 percent in 3 years - News

news.msn.com/.../complaints-against-tsa-workers-up-26-percent-in-3-yea...‎
Jul 31, 2013 - Some of the 3408 misconduct allegations against TSA employees last year included use of drugs and alcohol on duty and improper use of ...

McCain demands answers from TSA following passenger complaints

www.azcentral.com/.../20131029mccain-demands-a...‎

Oct 29, 2013
McCain demands answers from TSA following passenger complaints,Sen. John McCain is demanding ..
[h=3]TSA Misconduct Cases On The Rise; Agency Not Following Up On ...[/h]
consumerist.com/.../tsa-misconduct-cases-on-the-rise-agency-not-followi...‎​
Jul 30, 2013 - In theory, the Transportation Security Administration is supposed to be a last line of defense against terrorists and other folks who want to do bad things on ...

[h=3]Madison Project » GAO report: TSA received 39,000 complaints ...[/h]madisonproject.com/.../gao-report-tsa-received-39000-complaints-betwe...‎
Nov 30, 2012 - The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) received more than 39,000 complaints related to its controversial screening methods between 2009 and 2012, ...

Anyway, here we see some examples of the TSA at work. Now this first one's in Japanese but I think their techniques are obvious. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
10,000 complaints don't mean much. How many were found to be valid? I get complaints all the time. I've never had one sustained.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
10,000 complaints don't mean much. How many were found to be valid? I get complaints all the time. I've never had one sustained.

I'm too busy trying to track down the uncensored version of the second clip to hack into the TSA's database to find that answer. But the GAO says 39,000 complaints, and we do know that over 500 of these fine people were found guilty, so that's part of the answer there. There were 1,200 security breaches -caused- by TSA pedos in 2012. If you're ok with that level of incompetence, please, let me know when you bust an electronics smuggling ring. I could use a new 60" flat screen. Sanyo, not LG.
Just leave the keys in the usual place, and bring me back a coffee. ;) Oh, you wouldn't do that? Well,
[h=3]Airport luggage thefts reportedly on rise with TSA[/h]The Top 20 Airports for TSA Theft

Now, since we're talking about boobs....where was I? Oh yeah, google hunting boobies of a much nicer variety. :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Allegations of what? That the searched someone and had to touch their breast or crotch? Well we look there because that is where people hide stuff. There is a reason we search there.

Oh, like theft etc...criminal records and the works.

You do not get to decide what traumatizes a person.
I know of one woman in her 90s who felt raped having a male nurse see her undressed.

You can't join the army if you have a record...why the TSA?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You can't join the army if you have a record...why the TSA?
Yes you can. You just can't currently be on probation. Hell you don't even have to be here legally to join. A guy in my platoon made a raft out of old coolers and floated to the US from Cuba and join the Marines. We had lots of guys with criminal records in my platoon.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You want better employees you need to pay better. That's true for all jobs. There is a very large PD 15 min from my job. They pay crap and work in a nasty violent city. Their cops get arrested all the time because they hire crap that couldn't get hired elsewhere. I applied there once. There was like 40 of us in a room. THey called 3 names sitting in the room and arrested them. They had active warrants. I left after that.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
$14.63/hr-$16.50/hr isn't crap pay. Not for a job that's easier than flipping a burger at McD. I mean, come on, lets be serious about what they -really- do.

Walk around airport strutting proud like they were important, pretending they're real cops.
Ask you for your ID and boarding pass to they can use a sharpie to make a check mark on your pass. They have no way of knowing the pass is even real as people have printed fake ones and gotten through no problem. They can't often remember who it was that handed them the ID and have a habit of giving it back to the wrong person. A bouncer at a nightclub is better trained on ID checks.
They lie all the time about the legality of taking photos and video in airports. (It is legal)
They fail -70%- of the time in their main duty of screening for problem items.
They know their main line of screening is a failure, so now randomly shout "freeze" and expect people to stop so they can search them again. Like in a school yard maybe?
While missing loaded firearms and 12" razor blades, they will make sure no sippy cup of apple juice gets on board ensuring a pissed off baby and enjoyable flight.

But hey, I can sit here and criticize them for hours. There are millions and millions of links about them.
Lets let them tell you how inept they are.
http://blog.tsa.gov/2012/08/tsa-year-to-date-report-look-at-year-so.html
1.8 million passengers screened per day!
30,204 have submitted a complaint
January to July, there have been 821 firearms discovered in carry-on bags at checkpoints across the country. That’s almost four firearms per day!
a live 40mm high explosive grenade; a bottle wrapped in black electrical tape and filled with flash powder, and three M-80 fireworks; a black powder flask filled with 5oz. of black powder; even an explosively-viable cannonball; and last but not least, a live blasting cap.

Not a bad haul for a few billion dollars spent. Of course, back when we did less theatrics we really didn't have a problem either. Funny that. 5 hijackings in the 60's, 14 in the 70's, 2 in the 80's, 1 in the 90's. The 2000's saw 4 in 1 day (9/11). 26 hijackings in 54 years and millions of flights.

Now, compare that to the 3 planes worth of extra dead people every year due to the increases in auto accidents because people don't want their junk touched, or want to deal with power tripping thugs unqualified to work the fry station at McD who steal $millions every year (200 thefts per day at 1 airport alone), and I'm not sure how we're "safer". Not to mention the TSA drug rings. Couple of them have been busted.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes you can. You just can't currently be on probation. Hell you don't even have to be here legally to join. A guy in my platoon made a raft out of old coolers and floated to the US from Cuba and join the Marines. We had lots of guys with criminal records in my platoon.

Well, she did say Army. It was like that in the 70s that I know of, and up until the late 80s. It may have changed, I don't know. But I have heard otherwise. A simple article 15 (Captain's Mast for you) can get you kicked out now, and will make it difficult to impossible to re-list. I know there were ways around a police record, but none of them legal, even when suggested by recruiters desperate to meet quotas.

EDIT: I meant to mention that as far as I know, Cuban and El Savadoran nationals still get special consideration for immigration. Practically a free pass.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, she did say Army. It was like that in the 70s that I know of, and up until the late 80s. It may have changed, I don't know. But I have heard otherwise. A simple article 15 (Captain's Mast for you) can get you kicked out now, and will make it difficult to impossible to re-list. I know there were ways around a police record, but none of them legal, even when suggested by recruiters desperate to meet quotas.

EDIT: I meant to mention that as far as I know, Cuban and El Savadoran nationals still get special consideration for immigration. Practically a free pass.

It may be different now that we are downsizing the military.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
$14.63/hr-$16.50/hr isn't crap pay. Not for a job that's easier than flipping a burger at McD. I mean, come on, lets be serious about what they -really- do.

Walk around airport strutting proud like they were important, pretending they're real cops.
Ask you for your ID and boarding pass to they can use a sharpie to make a check mark on your pass. They have no way of knowing the pass is even real as people have printed fake ones and gotten through no problem. They can't often remember who it was that handed them the ID and have a habit of giving it back to the wrong person. A bouncer at a nightclub is better trained on ID checks.
They lie all the time about the legality of taking photos and video in airports. (It is legal)
They fail -70%- of the time in their main duty of screening for problem items.
They know their main line of screening is a failure, so now randomly shout "freeze" and expect people to stop so they can search them again. Like in a school yard maybe?
While missing loaded firearms and 12" razor blades, they will make sure no sippy cup of apple juice gets on board ensuring a pissed off baby and enjoyable flight.

But hey, I can sit here and criticize them for hours. There are millions and millions of links about them.
Lets let them tell you how inept they are.
http://blog.tsa.gov/2012/08/tsa-year-to-date-report-look-at-year-so.html
1.8 million passengers screened per day!
30,204 have submitted a complaint
January to July, there have been 821 firearms discovered in carry-on bags at checkpoints across the country. That’s almost four firearms per day!
a live 40mm high explosive grenade; a bottle wrapped in black electrical tape and filled with flash powder, and three M-80 fireworks; a black powder flask filled with 5oz. of black powder; even an explosively-viable cannonball; and last but not least, a live blasting cap.

Not a bad haul for a few billion dollars spent. Of course, back when we did less theatrics we really didn't have a problem either. Funny that. 5 hijackings in the 60's, 14 in the 70's, 2 in the 80's, 1 in the 90's. The 2000's saw 4 in 1 day (9/11). 26 hijackings in 54 years and millions of flights.

Now, compare that to the 3 planes worth of extra dead people every year due to the increases in auto accidents because people don't want their junk touched, or want to deal with power tripping thugs unqualified to work the fry station at McD who steal $millions every year (200 thefts per day at 1 airport alone), and I'm not sure how we're "safer". Not to mention the TSA drug rings. Couple of them have been busted.

You have no clue what they do. And that pay is crap for what you want them to do. But whatever man have fun crying. I'll keep flying and not have issue just like millions of other passengers.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
and you do know what they do? All the missed guns and knives, all the fondled old women, all the stolen sippy cups and breast milk...that's all a cover for their ultra defending?

1 question.

How many terrorists have they -caught-?

How many would be hijackers have they -caught-?

A measurable number please.

Thanks.

Funny how we agree that the risk of guns is so small that the crazy solutions are just that, but here we disagree when the numbers are even less risky.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and you do know what they do? All the missed guns and knives, all the fondled old women, all the stolen sippy cups and breast milk...that's all a cover for their ultra defending?

1 question.

How many terrorists have they -caught-?

How many would be hijackers have they -caught-?

A measurable number please.

Thanks.

Funny how we agree that the risk of guns is so small that the crazy solutions are just that, but here we disagree when the numbers are even less risky.

Because I don't think minimal security is a big deal. I take my shoes off walk through a metal detector put my shoes back on and board my plane. That's it. Hardly a big deal.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Because I don't think minimal security is a big deal. I take my shoes off walk through a metal detector put my shoes back on and board my plane. That's it. Hardly a big deal.
No pat downs? No nudi scan? How do you rate special treatment?

You have yet to provide an alternative solution.

I have, others have but lets recap.

1 - Abolish the TSA, return to Pre-9/11 screenings. Meaning less theatrics, more effectiveness.

2 - Allow airports to use private screeners, not TSA thugs. Private firms can operate more effectively at lower cost and be more quickly held accountable for errors.
Private screeners at the top 35 airports would save us $1B, screen 65% more passengers and cost 40% less.

There's 2 options.

Here's another.

Robert Poole, Director of Transportation Policy, Reason Foundation1. Trusted Travelers, who have passed a background check and are issued a biometric ID card that proves (when they arrive at the checkpoint) that they are the person who was cleared. This group would include cockpit crews and anyone holding a government security clearance, anyone already a member of DHS's Global Entry, Sentri, and Nexus, and anyone who applied and was accepted into a new Trusted Traveler program). These people would get to bypass regular security lanes upon having their biometric card checked, subject only to random screening of a small fraction.
2. High-risk travelers, either those about whom no information is known or who are flagged by the various DHS intelligence lists as warranting 'Selectee' status. They would be the only ones facing body-scanner or pat down as mandatory, routine screening.
3. Ordinary travelers—basically everyone else, who would go through metal detector and put carry-ons through 2-D X-ray machines. They would not have to remove shoes or jackets, and could travel with liquids. A small fraction of this group would be subject to random 'Selectee'-type screening.
http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/today-in-travel/ways-to-fix-the-pat-down-problem.html?id=6271146

Tell me. If a real cop in your department failed to find a weapon 7 out of 10 times, would you trust your families safety with him?

Oh, then check this out.
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...heater-described-one-simple-infographic.shtml

Want to keep the existing process? Fine. Train them better. Screen them better. Hire people smart enough to know that it's the person in -front- of them who they hand the ID back to, not the woman with the big **** behind them.

Why should I trust them with my security if I can't trust them not to rob me?

To me, the TSA are terrorists, should be treated as such. Let them stay in the airports, and away from the highways.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope I've never had a pat down. And I guess what you call a nudi scan I call a metal detector. Either way hardly intrusive. Walk in hold your arms out the machine spins and then walk out. Even if I were patted down not a big deal I've been patted down plenty of times. Nothing excessive has ever been done to me or my family. I've also never witnessed anything excessive. Does it happen sure happen in every job. Its it blown out of proportion in regards to TSA absolutely. A pat down is not molestation, a xray scanner isn't a nudi-scan, and they are not thugs they are just doing a job

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nope I've never had a pat down.

You should try one. Seriously. Then let me know in your expert opinion if it was a joke or not.

And I guess what you call a nudi scan I call a metal detector.

I have no problem with going through a metal detector.
I do have a problem with being hit with a dose of radiation from a machine that has been proven ineffective, and unsafe.

Either way hardly intrusive. Walk in hold your arms out the machine spins and then walk out.
If you're ok with a guy in another room laughing about your billy club, hey, who am I to argue. :D

Even if I were patted down not a big deal I've been patted down plenty of times.

Was that by real cops, or keystone cops?

Nothing excessive has ever been done to me or my family.

Then you've been lucky.

I've also never witnessed anything excessive.
Too busy putting your shoes, pants, jacket back on and repacking your pockets?

Does it happen sure happen in every job. Its it blown out of proportion in regards to TSA absolutely.
I disagree. There is significant evidence, from the government's own reports, that they are an ineffective and corrupt organization.

A pat down is not molestation,
When done by a trained law enforcement official with probable cause.
The TSA is not LE, and poorly trained at best.

a xray scanner isn't a nudi-scan,

This is what they saw, prior to scrapping a couple billion dollars in props.
http://www.infowars.com/internal-tsa-documents-body-scanners-pat-downs-not-for-terrorists/
If these are safe units, tell me, why have they been banned in the EU, and why doesn't Israel use them?

and they are not thugs they are just doing a job
I recall that was also said in Nuremberg.

One question. Do you consider a TSA "Officer" an equal to yourself, or your superior?
Heck, do you consider them real law enforcement?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TSA victims list grows
http://abombazine.blogspot.com/p/master-list-of-tsa-crimes-and-abuses.html

September 16, 2012
On a trip from LAX to Honolulu I watched a male TSA agent pat down what looked like a skinny 8-9 year old girl who was wearing a pink tube top and blue short shorts with flip flops. The tube top and the shorts were the type that were thin elastic material fitting very tightly on her. You could probably see a dime through the clothes if you stood close enough. There could not be any possible place to hide anything on the little kid, but there he was, off in the special area, some pervert patting her down. It was child molestation straight up, nothing less.http://www.elliott.org/blog/has-the-tsa-has-become-its-own-worst-enemy/#comment-652011894

TSA policy is that the screener will be the same gender.

Convicted TSA Officer Reveals Secrets of Thefts at AirportsSeptember 28, 2012
A convicted TSA security officer says he was part of a "culture" of indifference that allowed corrupt employees to prey on passengers' luggage and personal belongings with impunity, thanks to lax oversight and tip-offs from TSA colleagues.
"It was very commonplace, very," said Pythias Brown, a former TSA officer at Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey who admits he stole more than $800,000 worth of items from luggage and security checkpoints over a four-year period."It was very convenient to steal," he said.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/convi...hefts-airports/story?id=17339513#.UGcIuI6hDzI

Just a few bad apples huh?

Former TSA officer pleads guilty to conspiracy for attempting to smuggle cocaine thru HartsfieldOctober 4, 2012
Ex-TSA Officer Timothy G. Gregory, 26, of DeKalb County, Georgia, pleaded guilty today to conspiring and attempting to smuggle cocaine through Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, announced Sally Quillian Yates, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia.
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/former-tsa-officer-pleads-guilty-conspiracy-attemp/nSTMF/

So safe, yes, so safe.

TSA Confiscates toy-looking, 3-inch belt buckle because it's shaped like a gun (with little rhinestones, to boot!)
December 19, 2012Someone took off his belt and put it in a bin on the conveyor to go through the X-ray machine. When the TSA officer viewed the X-ray image, he understandably saw a gun. The conveyor belt was halted and the Port Authority Police were called. Once the police arrived, the bin was removed from the X-ray machine at which time it was determined to be a replica.
http://gothamist.com/2012/12/19/tsa_tip_belt_buckle_gun_replica_ain.php

Same story, via Twitter:
Just watched TSA confiscate a guy's rodeo-style belt buckle because it had of a picture of a revolver on it.
-James Skyler Gerrond
http://twitter.com/JimmySky/status/278456464530620419

Yep, such fine attention to detail. If you were on that flight, you can thank the nice TSAer for your safety. No belt buckles allowed on his watch!

3 troubling ways the TSA punishes passengers who opt out
by Christopher Elliott, January 9, 2013, TSA News Blog, Elliott Blog, Huffington Post
. . . Last week, I heard from Maura Maia, a flight attendant for a major airline, who says that while she enjoys breezing through the crewmember line when she’s in uniform, the treatment is vastly different when she’s off the clock. She recently flew in civilian clothes and opted out. “The TSA agent started yelling at me when I said I wasn’t going into the full-body scan,” she says. Maia stood her ground, but says “I was humiliated in public.” She adds, “When I came back to the same airport, that time on my uniform, and tried to file a complaint with the TSA supervisor, he waved me away.” The TSA can’t force you through the scanners, but it will try. Yelling at passengers is unacceptable . . . .
http://tsanewsblog.com/8635/news/3-troubling-ways-the-tsa-punishes-passengers-who-opt-out/
Yet I'm the one being childish?

TSA agent pulls down dress to expose the breasts of 17-year-old niece of Congressman during airport pat-down as he demands federal investigation
Rep Ralph Hall of Texas says TSA 'badly mistreated' his grand-niece and wants officer fired from at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport Georgia
The girl was part of a group traveling to Australia from Southwest Christian school two years ago
In a statement to MailOnline today, the TSA said: 'We regret that the incident of more than two years ago was one that caused embarrassment to the young lady, however, an investigation concluded that the event was accidental.'
The incident involving Mr Hall's grand-niece happened two years ago but has just come to light under the Freedom of Information Act after it was caught on CCTV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-breasts-congressmans-17yo-niece-patdown.html
Based on the number of times this sort of stuff comes up in the feed, if you like **** you might want to hang out at the air port. Give it a week and you'll see puppies.

Senator Claire McCaskill groped by TSA
March 11, 2013, The Hill

"‪Today in my airport screening, test on my hands was positive," McCaskill wrote to her 89,100 followers. "Got private, more aggressive pat down. OMG. #veryuncomfortable‬."
http://thehill.com/blogs/transporta...kill-complains-about-aggressive-tsa-screening
Even the Elites get fondled.

TSA: Child porn suspect was top officer
By Doug Ireland, June 14, 2013LONDONDERRY, NH — A former top officer with the Transportation Security Administration was arrested on child pornography charges after items were seized from his locker at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
Miguel Quinones, 38, of 67 Whittemore Ave. in Manchester
faces 10 felony counts after he turned himself over to police on an arrest warrant Wednesday, according to Londonderry police Lt. Timothy Jones.
A video and more than 1,000 images of child pornography were found on Quinones’ personal laptop computer and three thumb drives stored in his airport locker, Jones said.
Quinones was a lead transportation security officer who had worked for the federal agency since August 2002, according to TSA spokeswoman Ann Davis.
Davis said TSA suspended Quinones without pay in January after being told he was under investigation. He was terminated Wednesday, she said.
. . .
Sgt. Thomas Grella, commander of the New Hampshire Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, said Quinones had been under investigation for more than a year, but could not comment further on the case.
http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshire/x1912985235/TSA-Child-porn-suspect-was-top-officer
Such fine people. I'm sure any respectable police department in the US would be happy to open a spot up for these folks.

TSA Air Marshal Taking Pix Up Women's Dresses
TSA News and the Baltimore Sun, October 18, 2013
http://tsanewsblog.com/11772/news/tsa-air-marshall-taking-pix-up-womens-dresses/
Arrested: Adam Joseph Bartsch
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...air-marshal-arrested-20131018,0,3729815.story
Such professionalism. Making sure no one was carrying a snuke.

but my favorite was when they molested Ron Paul.
TSA Gropes Ron Paul
Posted by Lew Rockwell on November 23, 2010 07:02 PM
Recently, Ron Paul had to go through his first invasive pat-down at the airport; his knee replacements bar him from the gulagoscan. This is one of the most well-mannered men I know, but after four very hard jabs to his genitals, he asked the blue-gloved TSA agent: "How can you live with yourself, feeling up strange men all day long?"
"I love my job," sneered the goon.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/71025.html

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't consider TSA to be law enforcement its not their job to enforce laws. Why would you want law enforcement doing security? You been to a pro-football game lately? You get patted down and your bags searched are they molesting people too?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And again its not fondling. You search those areas because guess what............people hide stuff there. I've found all kinds of strange things in people's underwear

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't consider TSA to be law enforcement its not their job to enforce laws. Why would you want law enforcement doing security? You been to a pro-football game lately? You get patted down and your bags searched are they molesting people too?

I'm in Buffalo. Why would I go to a football game? :rofl:
Oh and football security is now TSA land. VIPR teams remember?

And again its not fondling. You search those areas because guess what............people hide stuff there. I've found all kinds of strange things in people's underwear

You do know there are so many comments I could make about this right? :D Then again, I once found a penny in a babys diaper. :D

But you do realize you're probably the 1st cop I've found in almost a decade that actually likes the TSA?

I'm just not "OK" with poorly trained dishonest bullies who don't know how to operate their own equipment being used as a line of defence against terrorism.
I'd feel safer if Gallagher was standing by the door with his sledge-o-matic.
Not by much, because he's become an unfunny homophobic bitter shell of what he once was.
But still a better option than what we got now.

Thats why I don't fly. Keeps me out of jail for kneeing some pedo in the teeth for a 'nervous twitch' that was set off by my bollucks being caressed or not knowing the current rules to TSA Freeze Tag.

If you're ok with it that's your business.

Latest Discussions