Hypothetical question - Canada

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

If one decided to move to Canada how does one go about doing that and how does one find a job there?

In the US you need a Visa of some sort, how does that work for immigrating to Canada?

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Looking at Canada eh Xue?

Still NZ for us. :) We did consider Canada, but have heard horror stories for Brits trying to get over and it taking years to go through the process. It's likely different going from the US than from the UK though? Dunno.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Still NZ for us. :) We did consider Canada, but have heard horror stories for Brits trying to get over and it taking years to go through the process. It's likely different going from the US than from the UK though? Dunno.

When my instructor was in the army, he spent six months on secondment to the NZ spec forces, he said he had a ball in New Zealand, totally loved the place.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I got 72.... but that makes no since that that is a passinig mark because everyone knows that the answer to life, the universe, and everything is 42 :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Well it is #10 in the top 12 happiest countries of the world afterall.... that and I just can't picture myself living in Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Iceland, Bahamas, Finland, Sweden, Bhutan or Brunei :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'd enjoy the Bahamas, but my bank account is about a million or 2 short to qualify.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The Bahamas would be great too ….if it were a bit further north… and it did not have so much sand…. and if it was not a rather small island……. Other than that it would be great :D

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well it is #10 in the top 12 happiest countries of the world afterall.... that and I just can't picture myself living in Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Iceland, Bahamas, Finland, Sweden, Bhutan or Brunei :D

You should try NZ mate, like Tez says, the place is fantastic. My folks have lived there for 7 years. This is it: (Hope I don't contravene site rules by sticking their site on here, if it is, mods feel free to remove and I apologise in advance). http://www.awenlodge.co.nz/

I'm on the bottom of one of the pages on the left hand side. It's not a very good pic.... (Might I point out that I'm not the one with the long neck before anyone asks! :D)

Tez, you gotta get out there mate. ;)

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You should try NZ mate, like Tez says, the place is fantastic. My folks have lived there for 7 years. This is it: (Hope I don't contravene site rules by sticking their site on here, if it is, mods feel free to remove and I apologise in advance). http://www.awenlodge.co.nz/

I'm on the bottom of one of the pages on the left hand side. It's not a very good pic.... (Might I point out that I'm not the one with the long neck before anyone asks! :D)

Tez, you gotta get out there mate. ;)

Something to think about but right now I am really just curious as to how one gets to be a Canadian if you are not born one. Besides the seasons are all backwards in NZ :D

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Something to think about but right now I am really just curious as to how one gets to be a Canadian if you are not born one. Besides the seasons are all backwards in NZ :D

They are indeed, but it makes life more interesting. So when your mates in the US are having the deepest darkest winter on record, you'll be baking it up in 100 degree heat, down the beach, or at the open air volcanic springs. "Chuck another tinny on the barbie" I believe is the watchword of the day. :D

Besides, move to Canada, and you'll end up talking funny. Saying "ootside", or "where's Xue?, Dunno, he's aboot somewhere". And that just wouldn't do.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You forgot the legal requirement to add "Eh" to every sentence. :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They are indeed, but it makes life more interesting. So when your mates in the US are having the deepest darkest winter on record, you'll be baking it up in 100 degree heat, down the beach, or at the open air volcanic springs. "Chuck another tinny on the barbie" I believe is the watchword of the day. :D

Besides, move to Canada, and you'll end up talking funny. Saying "ootside", or "where's Xue?, Dunno, he's aboot somewhere". And that just wouldn't do.

I'm ok with all this....well not so much the adding "Eh" after everything but........hey wait a minute....would this mean I would have to start wearing a Tuque.... Cause if it does... the deals OFF!!! :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also, remember that a BlackBelt in Canada is only = a US Brown belt due to the exchange rank. :D

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Also, remember that a BlackBelt in Canada is only = a US Brown belt due to the exchange rank. :D

hmmm I haven't thought of that... but then I am in TCMA and we don't need no stinking belts... well I mean we do use belts to hold our pants up... but we don't need know stinking belts for rank... besides there to hard to tie :D

Hagakure

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Precisely! Noo doot aboot it! Wasn't that a beer advert there ages ago? Molson Canadian? Some American dude taking the proverbial out of a Canadian guys accent, only to have his jumper pulled over his head "hockey stylee" and beaten to a crisp? I AM CANADIAN! :D

Kiwi accents are quite cool. Or in Kiwi "Koi-woi iccents are quit kul". :D