• Amateur

• Novice

• Could get my *** kicked by a 5 year old

• Weaker than a 100 year old lady

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
M

MartialArtsChic

I would say I'm very good at what I do. I am confident that I would be able to defend myself in any situation that arises. I've always known how to defend myself and had the confidence but its even more so now since I've started doing MA. However, there's always someone better and always someone to learn things from.

MartialArtsChic.

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is a strange thread to me. It fits in those questions such as, "Are you a good writer?"

Fame, Glory and Status are judged by those around you. Whether you agree or not...that ends up how you stack up. You can write a book on the NY Times Bestseller list that is utter crap. You can write the great American novel and no one wants to read it.

OP
T

the_kicking_fiend

We're all novices and we're all learning. The day we think we're 'damn good' is the day we stop training as hard. If you have humility in your skills then you *will* train harder and get better. Martial artists are perfectionists and their own greatest critic, the work is never done and the training is never complete.

d

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dyslexically thought this thread said to rate our MARITAL arts abilities...then I saw the survey.

I was about to say, given that misperception, that I'm AWESOME.

And given that my wife never posts to this forum...that's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Steve

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by hardheadjarhead
I dyslexically thought this thread said to rate our MARITAL arts abilities...then I saw the survey.

I was about to say, given that misperception, that I'm AWESOME.

And given that my wife never posts to this forum...that's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

Steve

and i lysdexically thought you wrote MARTIAL and got confused...

...it's an unending cycle...

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This just reminds me of an ad that was in the phone book a few years ago. It's an ad for one of the MA schools. Unfortunately, whoever submitted the ad didn't proofread it first. Basically it said:

Marital Arts

Want to learn to defend yourself?

:rofl: I had a laugh about it and submitted it to Jay Leno. I don't know if he ever showed that on his Headlines feature.

- Ceicei

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...maybe that's where we went wrong...we might have a better turn out if we put our ad under Marriage Counseling...;)

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Can get my butt kicked by a 5 yr old...couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper sack either...:shrug:

IWishToLearn

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've been at it for 8 years now. I am teaching because my students pestered me for 2.5 years to teach them.

I still consider myself a novice with much much much more to learn. :)

Latest Discussions