How to throw a Screwdriver like a shuriken tutorial

Bill Sempf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you already can, but here's a tutorial over the gist of the idea.

You know what? As dorky as that was in some ways, it really was a very well structured tutorial. I feel like I know more than I did!

Thanks for the link.

S

OP
T

towlie2110

White Belt
Reaction score
hahah i liked the whole bit the diet coke. Totally random

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That was pretty funny! The one thing that he said that was
definately right on was that you need to be on your toes when
throwing screw drivers, knives, shuriken, etc. as they sometimes
do bounce back!
icon10.gif
(especially when you are first learning)

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The video was well put together, but the content was severely lacking IMO. Good work on the presentation though! Just be aware of the wind next time. :)

OP
T

towlie2110

White Belt
Reaction score
it always surprises me how much wind actually affects the audio. It seemed normal when I was just talking but when i played back. Wow it was loud

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
it always surprises me how much wind actually affects the audio. It seemed normal when I was just talking but when i played back. Wow it was loud
That's why you see those giant black foam looking things over the boom-mikes on those "making of... " documentaries of movies. They block out the wind and other "white" noise and still pick up the actor's dialogs. On a small hand-held video camera... unless the mic actually stands out from the device you'll have to wait for a more calm day to video yourself. :D Otherwise you can probably go to Radio Shack or some other audio/video place and find wind blockers (that's not what they're really called... and I don't know the name).

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Most camcorders support external mics now. You can even get a wireless lapel mic at Radio Shack fairly cheap. And as Caver said, go for the windscreen. They're under a buck and easy to find at most places that sell mics.

Latest Discussions