How to Properly Use an Excavator

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is this in the horror section? That looks like something I would have done at that age on a jobsite. We did run my brother up to the very top of a 135' crane to take a picture of the site before. He sat on the weighted hook and just held onto the cable with one hand and snapped pictures with the other.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Why is this in the horror section? That looks like something I would have done at that age on a jobsite. We did run my brother up to the very top of a 135' crane to take a picture of the site before. He sat on the weighted hook and just held onto the cable with one hand and snapped pictures with the other.
"Horror Stories" are both the sad and the funny... I thought it qualified as funny...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Naw, OSHA and Workman Comp. can go jump in the lake. Self-employed here so they wouldn't do a darn thing anyway.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the other hand, we may simply not have been shown the finale of the episode where the guy who was riding the sling collects the $250 he bet with the chump in the excavator who challenged him to go half a minute with the worst that said chump could do to throw him around... always follow the money trail, as Deep Throat told Woodward and Bernstein! :D