how to change belt?

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just what am I wrong about?

Bad attitude. Yeah I can come across as being a Tool sometimes. However, I do not mean to be, and tbh my humour is often misconstrued. Having a bad attitude is utterly pointless, those type of users are generally referred to as being trolls. So therefore, one does need a good attitude to progress through the belt system. Not for attaining the belts, but you expect someone with a virtual black belt for example, to have a good attitude.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bad attitude. Yeah I can come across as being a Tool sometimes. However, I do not mean to be, and tbh my humour is often misconstrued. Having a bad attitude is utterly pointless, those type of users are generally referred to as being trolls. So therefore, one does need a good attitude to progress through the belt system. Not for attaining the belts, but you expect someone with a virtual black belt for example, to have a good attitude.

You would expect that but it isn't always the case. I've seen black belts on this board, by that I mean black belt as in they've made enough posts to advance that far in rank in martialtalk, and I've seen black belts in real life who aren't nice people. So somebody with a black belt, virtual or real, should have a good attitude, but they don't always do.

Hong Kong Pooey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The belt system here at Martial Talk is a counter. Nothing more. You post, your count goes up, your belt changes. That's it. Nothing remotely serious about it.

Good communication and good posting will result in your THANKS and REP going up. If other members think your posts are good, helpful, informative and accurate, you'll be thanked and given positive rep. If not, you won't be thanked, and/or you'll get negative rep.

In short, the belt is merely an indicator of how much you post. The THANKS and (especially) the REP system are an iindicator of the quality of those posts.

Dude!

I was dead chuffed at having just achieved my green belt through hard work and determination and you've totally peed on my parade!

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would expect that but it isn't always the case. I've seen black belts on this board, by that I mean black belt as in they've made enough posts to advance that far in rank in martialtalk, and I've seen black belts in real life who aren't nice people. So somebody with a black belt, virtual or real, should have a good attitude, but they don't always do.

From what I have heard through the media and written (html wise) that Steven Seagal is one. In terms of this board I cannot speak on that, then again I doubt I would notice anyway.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Just, guys.... don't ever try to wash your Martial Talk belt. It's a bad idea. Your computer will not be happy, and you'll wash away all of the good posts you've written to get there.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
And of course, should your belt ever touch the ground you must immediately burn your monitor and buy a new one.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just, guys.... don't ever try to wash your Martial Talk belt. It's a bad idea. Your computer will not be happy, and you'll wash away all of the good posts you've written to get there.

Sadly, only the good ones wash out. All the bad posts you've made stain the virtual material.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah concur. Sometimes though, I truly do not know that I have said something controversial, but I get you're point.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah concur. Sometimes though, I truly do not know that I have said something controversial, but I get you're point.

That's always possible. For example, you used "you're" instead of "your". Incorrect grammar can be quite controversial.

$grammar_time.jpg$youreyour.jpg

View attachment $grammarpolice.jpg

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brilliant :D. Yes you are right, I did poof that one lol. Man that is so funny. You have cheered up my aching body :)

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I think you are wrong. I have a bad attitude and certainly could be considered a troll. And still, I have risen up through the MT belt ranks just fine.

Latest Discussions