How should *Grandmaster* title be handled?

How should *Grandmaster* title be handled?

• It should be given by STUDENTS within HIS/HER organization

• It should be given by Other high ranking official within Kenpo/Kempo community

• It should be given by HIMSELF/HERSELF whether he/she sees it fits

• It should be MINE because I'm a son of Grandmaster

• Only the Founder of the Art deserves it

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

webpage20022003

we have been discussing about *grandmaster* title here. I decide to set up a poll to see HOW *grandmaster* title should be given

PLease look at my 4 options and vote only 1. Thank you.

Please feel free to express yourself if needed

OP
K

KenpoDragon

None of the above. I think it should ONLY be given to the creator of the specific art form. Only 1 Grandmaster all the rest are students. Just my opinion though.

:asian:

OP
W

webpage20022003

Originally posted by KenpoDragon
None of the above. I think it should ONLY be given to the creator of the specific art form. Only 1 Grandmaster all the rest are students. Just my opinion though.

:asian:

GOOD POINT. This forum only gives me 4 options. I will ask the administrator to give me 1 more Option that is "NONE of the above"

i'm sure this will be the last option i add to my poll.

thanks

OP
K

KenpoDragon

Originally posted by webpage20022003
GOOD POINT. This forum only gives me 4 options. I will ask the administrator to give me 1 more Option that is "NONE of the above"

i'm sure this will be the last option i add to my poll.

thanks
Your welcome:asian:

OP
W

webpage20022003

Important update:

I PM the moderators here about adding last option "ONLY the Founder of Art deserves it". We will have 5 options to choose including the last option.

thank you for participating. Please vote.

discussion should be welcomed here

OP
E

Elfan

"Senior Grand Master" was the title to be reserved for the founder of the art (Mr. Parker).

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by Elfan
"Senior Grand Master" was the title to be reserved for the founder of the art (Mr. Parker).

Agreed, but since Mr. Parker prefered being just Mr. Parker, there shouldn't even be such a title, should it?

And Gran Master only for those 10ths who need it for their own reasons, as the title is a redundacy.

OP
B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by Elfan

WRONG!

I have to disagree with you on this one. Grandmaster was the term reserved for Mr. Parker. Senior Master of the Arts was the term to be used by any other tenth degree in our system. (Look on the top of page 16, Ed Parker's Infinite Insights Into Kenpo, it has the ranking system outlined the way that Mr. Parker wanted it.) ;)

Sincerely,
Billy Lear, UKS

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by webpage20022003

I have done this. Let me know if you'd prefer the "Only the founder" form instead.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

OP
W

webpage20022003

Originally posted by arnisador
I have done this. Let me know if you'd prefer the "Only the founder" form instead.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Everything is fine. You do an excellence job. Thank you so much

OP
K

Kirk

I don't care, I just think there should be some consistancy.
Mr Tatum has a large organization, but still teaches the same
curriculum of Kenpo that Mr Parker was teaching. I hear that Mr
Pick has created something extremely different from the
curriculum Mr Parker left us with. If we're calling Senior
Grandmaster the founder of the art, then Mr Pick is Senior
Grandmaster of his organization (UKF???), but a Grandmaster of
kenpo. Just like Mr Sullivan .. Senior Grandmaster of the Karate
Connection, and a Grandmaster of American Kenpo.

Just the opinion of a purple belt.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look on the top of page 16, Ed Parker's Infinite Insights Into Kenpo, it has the ranking system outlined the way that Mr. Parker wanted it

True my friend, BUT then there's the Encyclopedia of American Kenpo.... written by the same great man.... it says it differently I believe.

Your Brother
John

OP
B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by Brother John
True my friend, BUT then there's the Encyclopedia of American Kenpo.... written by the same great man.... it says it differently I believe.

Your Brother
John

The encyclopedia was put out after he died. Sorry. Some of the stuff in there is incorrect. :asian:

OP
K

KenpoDragon

Originally posted by Billy Lear
The encyclopedia was put out after he died. Sorry. Some of the stuff in there is incorrect. :asian:
Mr.Lear if you would name in specific, what you "believe" is incorrect in the Encyclopedia and please state your sources for this information. We need facts not fiction.

:asian: KenpoDragon

OP
B

Billy Lear

Mr.Lear if you would name in specific, what you "believe" is incorrect in the Encyclopedia and please state your sources for this information. We need facts not fiction.

The rank as it is written in the encyclopedia is incorrect for one... The date that it was printed is indicated in the book (and that is after Mr. Parker died). As for fiction... I'm not feeding you fiction. Ask Dennis Conatser about this error. He can, and has identified them among others.

Look in both Books and tell me which one is right Kenpo Dragon.

OP
K

KenpoDragon

Here is the exact words from The Encyclopedia of Kenpo.

Black Belt Degrees: First Degree is Junior Instructor; second Degree is Associate Instructor; third Degree is Head Instructor; fourth Degree is Senior Instructor; fifth Degree is Associate Professor; sixth Degree is Professor; seventh Degree is Senior Professor; eighth Degree is Associate Master of the Arts; ninth Degree is Master of the Arts; and tenth Degree isGrand Master of the Arts. The tenth Degree founder and head of the system is known as the Senior Grand Master of the Arts. Only upon the founder of the system may this title be bestowed.

This is the exact quote from the book, I have not changed or altered anything.

OP
K

KenpoDragon

The rank as it is written in the encyclopedia is incorrect for one... The date that it was printed is indicated in the book (and that is after Mr. Parker died). As for fiction... I'm not feeding you fiction. Ask Dennis Conatser about this error. He can, and has identified them among others.

Look in both Books and tell me which one is right Kenpo Dragon.
Mr.Lear I never stated that you were making this up, I did however ask you for proof of your allegations. By the way just because something was printed after Mr.Parker had passed does not mean that it was not what he intended. I do not know Mr.Conatser, but since he has identified them to you, I ask you to identify them to everyone else.

OP
B

Billy Lear

Mr.Lear I never stated that you were making this up, I did however ask you for proof of your allegations. By the way just because something was printed after Mr.Parker had passed does not mean that it was not what he intended. I do not know Mr.Conatser, but since he has identified them to you, I ask you to identify them to everyone else.

I'll ask Ed Parker Jr. later on tonight for the entire errata of the book. Since he primarily worked on the book. Maybe later I can post it.

Hasta,
Billy :asian:

OP
K

KenpoDragon

I'll ask Ed Parker Jr. later on tonight for the entire errata of the book. Since he primarily worked on the book. Maybe later I can post it.

Hasta,
Billy :asian:
Sounds good, I look forward to reading your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions