How Innovative are You?

Calm Intention

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
In the Wing Chun forum('wall bag' thread), I explained my own innovation of a combo heavy bag, and wing chun dummy exercise, using the joint connection of each wall........though no one responded.
I wonder how creative each of us are, and would you like to talk specifically of your own training innovation, or technique that you find paticular to you- and haven't encountered anywhere else.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've come up with several useful techniques. But then some time later I discover that someone else has also come up with them :)

And I think that is part of the process, learning to figure out things for yourself, even if someone else has figured them out already. Like math, yes, you could get someone to tell you the answer, but then you learn nothing but a series of answers. As soon as a question that you haven't memorized an anser too comes up your in trouble.

Have tried making gear when I couldn't find what I wanted elsewhere, sometimes it worked... other times not.

But in general I think innovation is usually personal, a person or a group is having trouble with something, so a way to correct that thing needs to be "innvented" (again)

Latest Discussions