How far?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Heard this on the radio today. A lady was ask which one is the farest away? Florida or the moon? She said " What a stupid question...you can see the moon!" .....

but if you live in or right next to Florida? Um? It's OK to guess? ...Aloha

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Actually, if you consider a non-linear, experiental response, the answer makes sense.

The moon is a lot closer as something that has more of an impact. You can take a walk by the moon light. You can gaze at the moon. The moon's gravity effects tides. It can inspire romance or fear.

The moon is probably closer to most people than Florida, at least in terms of a closeness that matters

"Well, it’s a marvelous night for a moondance
With the stars up above in your eyes

And all the night’s magic seems to whisper and hush
And all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush"

Nobody ever sang like that about Florida...

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
i just wish i could believe the lady on the radio was thinking that way....

reminds me of a survey done on a radio show some time back. they asked callers what would happen if you let go of a rock on the moon. the majority believed it would float away.

in response to that answer, the jock asked how the astronauts were able to walk. one caller apparently told them (rather scornfully) "duh! they wear heavy boots!"

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FearlessFreep said:
Nobody ever sang like that about Florida...

I did.

Floriduhhhh... oh foriduhhhh... how my heart yearns for the touch of yah... Id give my all, to get a call, from the girl in floriduhhhhh....!

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Have you notice how many space stations(rocket ships) being built to go into space? ...must be closer than florida? to visit? ........Aloha

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that our moon missions launched from Florida? I think not. Because once you are in Florida, your halfway to the moon. Unless you started in Alabama, then you are only 1/3rd of the way.

Latest Discussions