Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Weight 650g
Length (shovel only) 645mm (with saw out) 855mm

So...converted to 'Murcan, that's 1.5 pounds, 25" (shovel only), 34" (with saw out.

Yes, that ought to extend my reach quite nicely.

This ridiculous commonwealth has outlawed "sword-canes" I certainly hope they haven't outlawed "saw-shovels" er.... "saw-entrenching-tools" ;)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This ridiculous commonwealth has outlawed "sword-canes" I certainly hope they haven't outlawed "saw-shovels" er.... "saw-entrenching-tools" ;)

As in: `You may carry a shovel or other digging tool on your person or vehicle, subject to the condition that it not be sharp enough to cut anything.'
Makes sense.... not! But I'd check if I were you :wink1:

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm debating whether I want to do the LED upgrade, or look into a "native" LED Mag-Lite, or Sure-fire.

I had the Sure-Fire Executive Defender. It was incredibly bright. The crenolated bezel I had mixed feelings about. I think it makes a very effective striking surface...but it's not the mosts plesant to touch when reaching for it blindly ;)

Is there an LED upgrade for the 2 D cell mag?

* vague attempt to keep thread on topic *

That is of course, the night scope for my shovel. :D

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seriously speaking, I'd not mind one. I'm in the process (slowly) or restoring an old army jeep. While not "authentic", it sure would look great :) shoot, I'd not mind having one laying in the my truck box :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't take it off road, but...unfortunately New England gets this stuff known to Northerners as **** and ***. I mean....snow and ice. :D
What good is an SUV if it doesn't go off road? I mean geez. Ok snow and ice... but that's only 4-5 months out of the year... what about summah? You got Mud? Get into it girl! Heh!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seriously speaking, I'd not mind one. I'm in the process (slowly) or restoring an old army jeep. While not "authentic", it sure would look great :) shoot, I'd not mind having one laying in the my truck box :)

I have an authentic army entrenching tool - complete with canvas cover. It was my uncle's, when he was in the Army; it was in a bunch of stuff I inherited when my grandfather moved out of his house and into the retirement community.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What good is an SUV if it doesn't go off road? I mean geez. Ok snow and ice... but that's only 4-5 months out of the year... what about summah? You got Mud? Get into it girl! Heh!

WHAT??? Drive a truck through NATURE? Are you kiddin? There's no way I would go to some natural spot and drive through it. I go to some natural spot and shoot firearms!! There's a difference! :roflmao:

Now there are plenty of roads in New England that make you FEEL like you are going off-road, but that's another story. :D

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now there are plenty of roads in New England that make you FEEL like you are going off-road, but that's another story. :D

I have to imagine what was there before the roads.... nature? ;) Check out the tread lightly program. Follow those rules and you will be in good shape. ;)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to imagine what was there before the roads.... nature? ;) Check out the tread lightly program. Follow those rules and you will be in good shape. ;)

Hmmm...an easy trek actually sounds like a lot of fun. My Honda isn't the best for the trail. The differential is strictly a limited-slip...I can't lock it in to 4WD, nor do I have a 4x4 Low. I'm just a wannabe I guess :)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Uh, Carol? That might just be your driving...

:uhyeah:

Hey, I warned you before you got in. :D

Crazy part is, my driving is considered "normal" for around here. ;)

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have an authentic army entrenching tool - complete with canvas cover. It was my uncle's, when he was in the Army; it was in a bunch of stuff I inherited when my grandfather moved out of his house and into the retirement community.

That actually sounds really cool Kacey. Do you carry it in your vehicle?

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That actually sounds really cool Kacey. Do you carry it in your vehicle?

I don't... but with the winter driving season coming up, and after reading this thread, I'm starting to think I should. After all, it's not doing me any good at all in the basement.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, I warned you before you got in. :D

Crazy part is, my driving is considered "normal" for around here. ;)

Just a quick primer for those who have never driven in the Northeast. I don't know why Mass spends the money to paint lines on their roads, nobody pays ANY attention to them. Cars over 20 years old in New Hampshire still have the original turn signal bulbs, and they still are brand new (except for those 30 seconds you had to use them to pass inspection.) Maine, picture an entire State that doesn't know what a turn lane is used for, and a rotary is something that used to be on your phone why would you put one in a road.

By the way, to stick to the main topic, those are great little tools to have in your vehicle. I have had several over the years, but truthfully I usually drive larger vehicles and have gone to just having a "D" handle #2 point regular shovel tucked away somewhere. The folding ones are a great alternative for smaller vehicles and I am going to have to pick one up for my little car the wife drives into work.

Latest Discussions