How dangerous is a typical street fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So we're you being eye gouged by the guy your on the ground with or soemone from behind or both?

I believe he's saying that the guy on the bottom was attempting the eye gouge, but due to the chaos of the situation, he originally thought it was one of the people who was trying to separate them (accidentally?) grabbing his eye sockets.

i can see how that sort of confusion could occur. Just another example of how things get a lot more complicated once you move past a simple one-on-one fight.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He said he was being gouged from behind.

Yeah Ive been in a few dog pile with a suspects I've been accidentally tased, OC Sprayed, hit, ect

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sorry pulled guard. I was kicking him out he got all emotional and I wound up tackling him. He pulled guard I head ground him for a bit. He eye gouged me. I kept head grinding him. And eventually we were pulled apart.

Eyegouges are pretty crap from underneath.

Mostly a non event. We chucked him out and that was pretty much the end of it.

Yeah, if you're going to pull guard in a street fight, you better know what you're doing from that position. Attempting eye gouges from guard is a bad strategy.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very slim. The vast majority of monkey dance encounters don't result in any significant injury. Certainly nothing life threatening.

Sometimes they don't even result in an attack being thrown...just all tough talk.

MaxRob

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Its rare for a street fight to end in fatality. But the fact that it is rare does not mean that a street fight is not dangerous.

9 times out of 10 you could poke someone's pet rottweiler with a stick and it wouldn't turn and kill you, but that doesn't mean its not dangerous to taunt a rotty.

My rule of thumb is this: If someone wants to make me fight, I must assume they might kill me unless I prevent that from happening, so while I would not actively try to kill them, I would fight like my life depends on it. I don't want to face that no win situation (no win, because if you get killed you lose, if you kill the other, you lose because you're going to jail), so I'll do anything in my power to not have to fight.

I agree.

Mad_Dog

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Street fighting is the name of the game in my line of work. I darn near have to tape my knuckles every night I bounce because of all the fights I can get in. All these drunks, bikers, cutthroats, gangbangers, all think they're so tough. Well, they aren't so tough when I'm driving my fist through their faces and throwing them through the bar windows.

Sometimes, between the booze and adrenaline, I get so blood crazy during a fight I find myself swinging at anything that moves. That the price I pay, I suppose, for being an alpha male.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometimes, between the booze and adrenaline, I get so blood crazy during a fight I find myself swinging at anything that moves. That the price I pay, I suppose, for being an alpha male.

That must be a burden, yes.

24pghnq.jpg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Street fighting is the name of the game in my line of work. I darn near have to tape my knuckles every night I bounce because of all the fights I can get in. All these drunks, bikers, cutthroats, gangbangers, all think they're so tough. Well, they aren't so tough when I'm driving my fist through their faces and throwing them through the bar windows.

In your dreams, son, in your dreams.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, in reality, son, in reality.

Perhaps when you pass puberty... no alpha male ever has to tell anyone he is. No hard man ever has to tell people he is. No half way decent 'bouncer' boasts of the violence. No real man would come on to a place like this sounding like a pimply adolescent who has heard of but not read Geoff Thompson.

BMhadoken

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps when you pass puberty... no alpha male ever has to tell anyone he is. No hard man ever has to tell people he is. No half way decent 'bouncer' boasts of the violence. No real man would come on to a place like this sounding like a pimply adolescent who has heard of but not read Geoff Thompson.

I know tone doesn't translate into text, but I think it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know tone doesn't translate into text, but I think it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Looking at other threads though where challenges were made and some of the other posts I don't think it is tongue in cheek.

Mad_Dog

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So much epic fail in that post I almost don't know where to begin.

Perhaps when you pass puberty
I'm 35, bro.

no alpha male ever has to tell anyone he is. No hard man ever has to tell people he is. No half way decent 'bouncer' boasts of the violence.
No alpha male, huh.

A few years ago I was watching a historical TV series call Spartacus: Blood and Sand. It was about real historical heroes who dreamed of the exhilaration of defeating their enemy in the arena, the adulation of the crowd, and the glory of a warriors death.

If those aren't real "alpha males" to look up too and admire then I don't what is.

No real man would come on to a place like this sounding like a pimply adolescent who has heard of but not read Geoff Thompson.
I'll do you one better, bro, I have no idea who Geoff Thompson is.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A few years ago I was watching a historical TV series call Spartacus: Blood and Sand. It was about real historical heroes who dreamed of the exhilaration of defeating their enemy in the arena, the adulation of the crowd, and the glory of a warriors death.

If those aren't real "alpha males" to look up too and admire then I don't what is.

They were slaves.

And in that series mostly New Zealanders

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Fer real? "Historical TV series....." about "real historical heroes who dreamed of the exhilaration of defeating their enemy in the arena," etc., etc., etc., blah, blah, blah...

They dreamt of being free from slavery. They fought-their brothers, fathers and childhood friends-to live another day.

"glory of a warriors death?"

"warrior's death?"

]death, my friend, is the same for "alpha males" and for pansies.

Really curious as to how long you've been off your meds....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions