Hotel room workouts?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
No.... not THAT kind of workout... Pervs..

I'm stuck living in a hotel for the next number of weeks and I'm trying to get back into working out after a significant lapse. Sort of stuck on something for biceps primarily, though. I think I've got all the other major muscle groups covered, more or less. Any ideas?

Mind you, the exercise has to be done in such a way that doesn't involve potential destruction of furniture, so no curling tables or things like that. :D

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
if they don't have a gym in the building then go out and get a heavy duty workout band and use it do to squats, presses, curls, lats (over the door) and just about any other exercise you would do with a bar.

Jog around the hotel for 20 minutes.

Situps.

Pushups (do different varieties).

Go through all your forms up and down w/o a break.

OP
OUMoose

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
if they don't have a gym in the building then go out and get a heavy duty workout band and use it do to squats, presses, curls, lats (over the door) and just about any other exercise you would do with a bar.

Situps.

Nice tips! Thanks!

I like the idea of the workout band. Trying to come up with something that doesn't involve me bringing something with me, as I'm horrible with packing and generally running out the door at the last minute forgetting things. :D

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
If they have a pool, do your basics in the pool. It is a great way of training.

And basics, basics, basics.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Situps.

I agree with these ideas & would add stretching. That's what I do when in a hotel without a gym.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sort of stuck on something for biceps primarily, though. I think I've got all the other major muscle groups covered, more or less. Any ideas?

Load up a big bag or suitcase and do curls with it? If you have a sturdy doorframe chinups might work as well.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
One other thing...

Jump rope. Cheap. In fact, cheap enough to buy one, leave it in your suitcase and not have to worry about remembering it. There's almost always room around a hotel to skip some rope. And it's great cardio!

Latest Discussions