Hidden weapons in case of home invasion

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bushidomartialarts said:
tanto by the bed, various sticks and knives in the BR. lock on the bedroom door. two easy exits from the bedroom.

some guys comes into my house with mischief on his mind, i'm leaving. nothing to protect but my stuff. killing a man for stuff is the same as killing a man for money, to my mind.

Very true.

kickcatcher

Green Belt
Reaction score
I must be different. I have no hidden weapons in my house, aside from objects which could be improvised.

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
kickcatcher said:
I must be different. I have no hidden weapons in my house, aside from objects which could be improvised.

Me too, just a couple of really nasty dogs and a cat that they would trip over!

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
  • Behind the living room to outside door: three baseball bats
  • Kitchen, on top of the freezer: a very sharp ax
  • Hall closet: another six or seven baseball bats (you’d think we played ball with how many bats we have)
  • Moms room: a few knives
  • My room: a few more knives. The only really sharp one is a buck knife by my bed.

John

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Every martial artist should adopt a feral cat and bring it indoors! It will teach them great footwork against sharp weapons.

If only my son and I were not allergic to them.

JamesYazell

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Drac said:
A Mossburg shotgun besides the bed..One of the LOUDEST sounds for a person creeping into a darkened room is the chambering of a round..CHA-CHUNK...

This one had me laughing! Im going to get a shotgun just for that!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really don't have any weapon hidden, but I do have a variety of weapons to choose from, we collect alot of weapons so the house is full of them.
Terry

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
Every martial artist should adopt a feral cat and bring it indoors! It will teach them great footwork against sharp weapons.
:roflmao:

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:

I used to have a cat.....It was much more "fecal" than "feral".

It still helped me with my footwork, though! :uhohh:

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Martial Tucker said:
I used to have a cat.....It was much more "fecal" than "feral".

It still helped me with my footwork, though! :uhohh:

Gross dude, Klingon's are only cool in Star Trek..not on a cat :D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I keep my AK-47 in my bedroom.

Granted, it MIGHT be a bit of overkill, but its ok, Ill just yell "Hes coming right for us!" before I shoot.

:D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bigshadow said:
It is said that the sound of a chambering a round in a pump shotgun is the most feared sound for criminals.

Very True...A friend of mine was working an off duty job in a big warehouse at night..He swore he heard something moving and came out of the office and announced to the large darkened room to "Come out or he was coming in" and he "jacked" a round into the chamber..4 people emerged from the darkness with their hands high pleading don't shoot...

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Oh Yeah! The 12 gauge chambering sound is definitely an attention getter. When I was at my friends house, someone was messing with his window. My friend said to get away, the offender responded with a vulgarity. My friend chambered a round, and you could hear feet scrambling away!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK I know it is sort of reviving a thread that has gone quiet, but I didn't see this one during the move and 2 1/2 week wait for DSL to be hooked up at the new place.
I was talking to an older LEO a little while ago and he suprised me with what he has around his house for a "weapon" in case somebody breakes into his own house. Scattered around the house sitting behind some of the doors he keeps fairly large/heavy fire extinguishers, the dry chemical type. When I got an odd look on my face he explained that:
1) useful for a fire of course,
2) good door stops,
3) anybody can use them,
4) not illegal, even in Mass.
5) not gonna kill the neighbor if you miss,
6) once you fire it off in their face, there is a nice cover screen to get away
7) a heavy fire extinguisher will drop somebody like a sack of potatoes when you casey-at-the-bat at their head.

I had never thought of using one of those and must admit I went out and brought home a couple that afternoon. I mean why not have some extra fire/safety around your home. I regularly check out my smoke detectors, and now have something to put out my morning eggs and bacon when they go off telling me breakfast is done. BONUS!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bydand said:
I was talking to an older LEO a little while ago and he suprised me with what he has around his house for a "weapon" in case somebody breakes into his own house. Scattered around the house sitting behind some of the doors he keeps fairly large/heavy fire extinguishers, the dry chemical type. When I got an odd look on my face he explained that:
1) useful for a fire of course,
2) good door stops,
3) anybody can use them,
4) not illegal, even in Mass.
5) not gonna kill the neighbor if you miss,
6) once you fire it off in their face, there is a nice cover screen to get away
7) a heavy fire extinguisher will drop somebody like a sack of potatoes when you casey-at-the-bat at their head.

I had never thought of using one of those and must admit I went out and brought home a couple that afternoon. I mean why not have some extra fire/safety around your home. I regularly check out my smoke detectors, and now have something to put out my morning eggs and bacon when they go off telling me breakfast is done. BONUS!

Excellent post..I'd like to find one of the "old fashion" extinguishers from the 50's..They had this large valve on top that would insure a firm grip..Good for downward and upward strikes...

Latest Discussions