Hi! I'm new around here!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
khuang85:

Please tell me straight up - when you have bad encounters with people or someone you care about does, do you automatically just think they are actually EVIL? Or are you just expressing an extreme viewpoint that is a little stronger than your actual feeling? I mean, are you trying to be funny when you say Natalie Portman is "evil?" or are you trying to express extreme disappointment at how you believe she treated your sister? Or do you actually believe she is of the devil?

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I do NOT feel "welcomed" here at all! I keep on being called a "troll" just because I stated my belief that Natlie Portman was evil! I thought this site was welcoming and full of open minded people but obviously I'm wrong! I want to quit now seeing as several people here don't appear to be TRUE martial artists! Those who TRIED to welcome are but not the ones who attacked me! I MAY change my mind if something can be done about those who made me think about quitting if someone talks to them! I thought martial artists were supposed to be kind, compassinate people who welcome all ideas and beliefs but I was wrong!

FWIW

I'm sorry you are feeling unwelcome. I guess we all do from time to time. Most of us don't take too much to heart. As to Martial Artists and what they are? Most are Type A personalities. That means among other things, that we have strong beliefs and aren't afraid to state them. That means when others state beliefs that contradict our own, we are likely to let them know that, and why. You did the same with your post about Natlie Portman didn't you?

Funny thing about martial artists is that they can be understanding, compassionate, caring, and still maintain their own strong beliefs. We tend to think of each other here as equals, people wise, while acknowledging different skills in martial arts. You will find many lively and spirited discussions here where people may get a little short with each other, but seldom do they really get angry. That usually serves little purpose other than to diminish ourselves. Please don't do that to yourself.

One other thing. You have stated you suffer from aspergers syndrome. Sorry about that. I don't, so I can't really relate, but I am willing to be educated. But us now knowing that might help us be a little more accepting of your way of expressing yourself.

That said, don't look for a free ride all the time either. If you are going to be a martial artist and Martial Talk member, expect to be told if people think you are talking out of turn, or in an inappropriate manner. You don't always have to agree, but I would advise you listen and re-examine what and how you have said something. If you think they are even partly right, come back and say so and express yourself in a different manner. That's what adults do. Although we don't all of us always act like adults here. Well we are human too. But I do think most of us try.

Hope this helps you in your decision.

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
dr-evil.jpg

Did somebody say, Evil?

Yondanchris

Master Black Belt
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! But it seems your welcome was not so pleasant. This is a community that strives to be friendly at all times, which I enjoy!

Latest Discussions