Hey!

T

Tidy_Sammy

My name's Sammy, I'm 18 (nearly 19), I studied ITF TKD for two years (reached green belt).

That was from when I was 11-13 though, now I'm a smoker and need to get back in shape, I'm hopefully going to start something up soon (I'll leave this part now as this is for another thread).

Anyway, I live in Scotland, and just thought I would say a big 'hello' :)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Welcome, Going up is learning to do the right things in life. The martial arts is about doing right things in life by developing the mind and body. Almost 19 years old? ....you will find life goes by real fast...before you know it you will be an old man, if you quit smoking? Anyone can train but not everone becomes a true martial arts! Be good to health, you get only one chance. .....Aloha

OP
T

Tidy_Sammy

still learning said:
Hello, Welcome, Going up is learning to do the right things in life. The martial arts is about doing right things in life by developing the mind and body. Almost 19 years old? ....you will find life goes by real fast...before you know it you will be an old man, if you quit smoking? Anyone can train but not everone becomes a true martial arts! Be good to health, you get only one chance. .....Aloha
Sadly I most likely won't quit till I have something like MA to make me and give me that extra incentive.

I'm not overweight (I'm 6ft'4) and weigh 13 stone :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the fourm! Enjoy your stay here and please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Mike

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the board Sammy. So, when are you starting back into TKD? I have found exercise should be a way of life just like martial arts. Quit smoking now so that you can train right. At first your workout will be easy to adjust to the regimen and is a better time to quit. You might want to check out this thread. If you have any questions about the board please ask! TW

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, Sammy--howdy from Texas! :wavey: Good Luck to you on your martial arts journey. If you're interested, there's a thread about smoking where many of us related our experiences (do a search for the thread "have you ever smoked/used tobacco?"). I'm an ex-smoker, so I sympathize.

Have a great day! :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Sammy from Cleveland Ohio.

I started smoking at about 18, one of the DUMBEST things I ever did..I hope you quit and stay off them for good..Train Hard and Stay Safe...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello and welcome Tidy_Sammy! Enjoy the boards~

OP
T

Tidy_Sammy

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

And I shall try to stop smoking :)