hey dennis

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
what ever happened to the self defense wheel that used to be in Mr.Parker's office that he used for teaching and do you know i could get ahold of one or how to make one .i don't think most know what iam talking about.?
later
jay:confused: :D

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by jaybacca72

what ever happened to the self defense wheel that used to be in Mr.Parker's office that he used for teaching and do you know i could get ahold of one or how to make one .i don't think most know what iam talking about.?
later
jay:confused: :D

Do you mean the web of knowledge?

G

GouRonin

But I believe he is not refering to the web of knowledge but a wheel much like a math wheel. You could turn it to an attack and it would give you the corresponding defense.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I want to know about this wheel please!
:asian:

K

Kirk

So do I! Hell, if you have one Mr Conatser, sell them on a
website.

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk

I want to know about this wheel please!

So do I! Hell, if you have one Mr Conatser, sell them on a
website.

Fellas,

Relax....you guys are losing cool points saying stuff like this. I'm sure Mr. C, if he knows about it, will give a detailed response worthy of the topic.

Without coming off too much like Billy ;) , Kirk, I'd say don't worry too much about all the fancy bells and whistles that are out there. Proper basics, consistent training & practice are gonna get you where you want to be in the system.

jb:asian:
Houston, Tx

K

Kirk

Originally posted by jbkenpo

Fellas,

Relax....you guys are losing cool points saying stuff like this. I'm sure Mr. C, if he knows about it, will give a detailed response worthy of the topic.

Without coming off too much like Billy ;) , Kirk, I'd say don't worry too much about all the fancy bells and whistles that are out there. Proper basics, consistent training & practice are gonna get you where you want to be in the system.

Houston, Tx

heheheh .. you just gotta keep my feet on the ground, huh? ;)

Thanks Jason

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Fellas,
Relax....you guys are losing cool points saying stuff like this. I'm sure Mr. C, if he knows about it, will give a detailed response worthy of the topic. Without coming off too much like Billy , Kirk, I'd say don't worry too much about all the fancy bells and whistles that are out there. Proper basics, consistent training & practice are gonna get you where you want to be in the system.

jb
Houston, Tx

Cool points jb? Fancy bells and whistles? Sure practice will take you where you want to be but that's not what this is about.

The wheel Jaybacca is talking about is something of a legend if you know and speak to most of the Kenpo seniors. Like Gou said:

but a wheel much like a math wheel.

Mr. Parker would turn the wheel, say to... "straight punch". On the other side of the wheel would be the list of defenses for a straight punch. It was like this for all of the different attacks, basically it was the system in a nutshell. Mr. Planas said Mr. Parker kept it in his desk draw at the Pasadena studio and used it during the Black Belt classes. Then one day it just disappeared, know one knows where or why it went, but they never saw it again...

Some think he scrapped it for the Web of Knowledge, but know one is definite about its disappearance.

S

Scott Bonner

Using the Web of Knowledge, it should be easy enough to make a new wheel.

AvPKenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
re-invent the wheel:D :rofl: :D :rofl: .

sorry couldn't help myself.

Michael

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenpo3631

Mr. Parker would turn the wheel, say to... "straight punch". On the other side of the wheel would be the list of defenses for a straight punch. It was like this for all of the different attacks, basically it was the system in a nutshell. Mr. Planas said Mr. Parker kept it in his desk draw at the Pasadena studio and used it during the Black Belt classes. Then one day it just disappeared, know one knows where or why it went, but they never saw it again...

Some think he scrapped it for the Web of Knowledge, but know one is definite about its disappearance.

Hey Mr. Soares,

Those cool points I gave are only for us Texas guys and only those I know and can give a hard time. It doesn't make sense to have 20 people saying, "yeah I wanna know what that is too"...Also I can't have my Texas compadres looking too anxious with all these California types floating around. We need to leave a little something for the imagination about what we do and don't know...:rofl:

Personally I've never heard of this wheel so I was content to wait until someone who knew about it or had 2nd or 3rd hand knowledge (like yourself) filled us in.

My bells and whistles comment & focusing on basics comments are specifically for Kirk, an orange belt whom I have met, and not for a 2nd Blk like yourself.

Doug's interest (cdhall) was from a historical perspective, he wants to know everything that ever happened in Kenpo in the early days to store away in his brain and his person notes which are probably massive (that's how he is) plus he's a 3rd or 2nd Brown (and started his training in Kenpo before either of us) and has been a Texas compadre of mine for many years so I regularly harrass him has well. Kirk's tone implied that this was the key (HELL Yeah!!!!!) I gotta get me one of those kind of tone...

That's all. Thanks for the info on "the wheel" maybe one of the Seniors will give us additional first hand insight.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbkenpo
Doug's interest (cdhall) was from a historical perspective, he wants to know everything that ever happened in Kenpo in the early days to store away in his brain and his person notes which are probably massive (that's how he is) plus he's a 3rd Brown (and started his training in Kenpo before either of us) and has been a Texas compadre of mine for many years so I regularly harrass him has well.

He's a troublemaker.......:mad:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I forgot about that thing..... it was a "slide rule for techniques" like Lance mentioned above.

Not really anything to get all excited about however...... geeze Kirk get a life...... lol