Here is a hypothetical situation

Darth F.Takeda

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I would secure him first with the 550 cord I carry and then I will attemp to save his life IF this was a case where I was not positive he was out to kill or maim me, but If I thought those were his intent, I would pretend to help him, hopeing he dies the whole time.

Same kind of thread came up on Judoforum.com but the example used was of a medic who shot a guy and then saved him.

NYcityborn

White Belt
Reaction score
I completely agree with you kenpotex. Once a person commits unwarranted acts of violence against another person, he forfeits his rights as a human as far as I'm concerned. Under the law, yes, criminals have rights. But when you are attacked, the judicial system is not there. When someone tries to physically harm you, you know, without a doubt, that person is guilty. If his blood is pooling on the ground, you have not only protected yourself. You've protected his future victims as well. I work with convicted criminals, many of them have violent crimes on their records. They do not deserve compassion from civilized people.

Jeff

(edit for spelling)
I completely agree with you, but theres people I know who wouldn't.

The attacker should have thought about what he/she was going to do before doing it. Even though I'm 16, I alway hear how some of these kids in my school talk and it doesn't surprise me when they are about to do something foolish.

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kick'em in the ribs and roll them into the street. Just kidding. I agree that they may not deserve my help but any chance I get to be the bigger person I'll take. I look at it as doing them a big favor so they can think about what they've done in the hospital. Now, if he gets out of the hospital, steals an old lady's purse while riding in a car and she doesn't let go and gets dragged, I don't feel responsible but I'd kick myself for helping that person. Even so, I hate to see creatures suffer needlessly (filth or not) and I think it's a part of being a sentient creature not to "need" revenge. I will always call the emergency personel (police, ambulance) if I incapacitate somebody. If someone was limping away I'd follow them and call the cops. Fighting is such an unfortunate thing, before, during and after.

Latest Discussions