Help?

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
OK,

I put in new ink cartridges in my printer and printed out four pages of a paper successfully. Now, it just prints out blank pages. I checked the connection--fine. I checked the print preview-fine. I tried to make copies in color and black--still blank pages. The ink levels--full. It just decided to stop working all of the sudden. It goes through the motions of printing, it's just blank.

What gives? Any ideas? please :(

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Um ... are the doors to the wells closed? Sure the paper's feeding right? Plastic tape taken off of the cartridge head? Exit tray down/shut?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Try cleaning the heads?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Each printer has a head cleaning routine that normally has to be done when inserting new cartridges -- even if the printer is new.

May also want to see if they have tech support available too...

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of the tips I can think of really depend on specifics of the printer...

I'm assuming it's some sort of inkjet, not a laser printer, since you talked about ink and not toner. You might be able to access and clean the heads; some printer manufacturers have the actual printhead as part of the ink cartridge, while others have a separate inkhead. Check your manuals; they may tell you how to do this.

You might also try giving the ink cartridges a real thorough shaking; sometimes, ink just "clumps up." If the cartridges are old or refills, they may have just dried out, too.

And, like Carol suggested, if it's a new printer, call the manufacturer. They may have some advice.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I thank you all for the tips. Apparently I'm screwed. So, since I am, so will the printer too! I see lots of pieces in its very near future-like tomorrow am!

Pop out the cartiridges and put them back in. Look for a piece of paper or other obstruction (like the plastic tear-away piece that was previously mentioned) between the print heads and paper.

Maybe the print cartridge company is going to smaller 'serving sizes' due to the economic crisis? Kind of like having those big dimples in the bottom of peanut butter jars now. (Half joking)

Latest Discussions