Status
Not open for further replies.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have seen much worse looking patches being worn by people who's school have been around a long time.
It is a good design. Perhaps a little more color and a better representation of the human figure but then again maybe not.
Its your (or her?) logo/patch the basic idea is there and it lets people know a little about what it represents.
like I said I have seen worse and many that represented nothing other than the instructors name.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by moromoro
Are you a TOTAL *** or what?

he asked for an evaluation of his design he is offending filipino people by not drawing the stars and sun properly in the first place, this is one aspect that should be altered.

he also has asked for true opinions

your the total *** if you can honestly say that that should be the finish product...
also be honest why do you think its cool?
How?

Terry,

Hi How are you?

I see there has been much discussion about your opinion. Can I draw a picture to a discussion me and you had when you joined this board. Your name in itself is a disrepsect to thousands if not millions of Muslims. Yes, I understand it is a word of pride for your Instructor. So, maybe this representation is a mis-representation in your mind. Not in all Filipino's minds? Remember I quoted many Filipino's also who did not like the term Moro or moromoro. So, express your opinion, just do not express it as if it is the only opinion.

Please pass my respects onto GM Abrian the next time you speak.
:asian:

Jay Bell

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There seems to be a tone problem here if anything. Constructive criticism was asked for...and the reply was nothing short of an attack. Please keep this nice.

Thanks,

Jay

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by pesilat
Yes, and Renegade really shouldn't have flown off the handle like that either.

For the record, Kaith was next to me in my office when I replied.

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
hi to all

i think the first question to ask is are you going to use the design, if you are thats good and if you dont thats good also, it really makes little difference you asked for opinions now if you where only expecting the one positive opinion then you shouldn't have posted this thread, remember there is two sides of the coin.

you asked if it needed improvements , i believed it did but thats my opinion, because it looked like the work was a rushed job...

if people think of only one way as the right way then they will have troubles in a real fight.

hi Rich, yes please look at the term MORO in the FMA forum, as you will see it is not disrespectful, MORO is the term used by islamic pilipinos to describe themselves in our language please look at the MILF the islamic independance movement there name is the moro islamic liberation front. also the term moromoro is also the very popular term given to our dances and plays which have notthing to do with the moro. So remember moromoro as a term has a lot to do with the plays and dances and very little to do with the moro filipino's. also my cousins wife is/ was a moro and she would laugh if you tought moro was a derogatory term.. the whole notion of the term moro as refering to the islamic peoples of the philippines as beign derogatory is complete nonsense iam from zamboanga city and i still go back every year from training and to visit my family and yes we have plenty of moro friends....It hurts alot of islamic filipino's whose forefathers used the term moro to fight for independance if we simply forget them as moro. remember anyone can be muslim but you have to have it in your blood to be known as a moro (ancestry) for them it is something to be proud of..

and the story about the art dying out in the PI in the 70's is total BS it was stronger than ever in cebu.
for the record i have been practicing FMA for 17 years.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hi to all

i think the first question to ask is are you going to use the design, if you are thats good and if you dont thats good also, it really makes little difference you asked for opinions now if you where only expecting the one positive opinion then you shouldn't have posted this thread, remember there is two sides of the coin.

Yes, but as has already been pointed out, your comment wasn't constructive. It was just insulting. Constructive criticism need not be positive. In fact, most often, the most helpful criticism is the negative input. But your statement wasn't input of any sort. It was just a declarative statement that was insulting and completely unproductive.

hi Rich, yes please look at the term MORO in the FMA forum, as you will see it is not disrespectful, MORO is the term ...

I believe this topic already has its own thread. No reason to hijack this thread to continue the debate.

Mike

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hi to all

you asked if it needed improvements , i believed it did but thats my opinion, because it looked like the work was a rushed job...

if people think of only one way as the right way then they will have troubles in a real fight.

hi Rich, yes please look at the term MORO in the FMA forum, as you will see it is not disrespectful, MORO is the term used by islamic pilipinos to describe themselves in our language please look at the MILF the islamic independance movement there name is the moro islamic liberation front. also the term moromoro is also the very popular term given to our dances and plays which have notthing to do with the moro. So remember moromoro as a term has a lot to do with the plays and dances and very little to do with the moro filipino's. also my cousins wife is/ was a moro and she would laugh if you tought moro was a derogatory term.. the whole notion of the term moro as refering to the islamic peoples of the philippines as beign derogatory is complete nonsense iam from zamboanga city and i still go back every year from training and to visit my family and yes we have plenty of moro friends....It hurts alot of islamic filipino's whose forefathers used the term moro to fight for independance if we simply forget them as moro. remember anyone can be muslim but you have to have it in your blood to be known as a moro (ancestry) for them it is something to be proud of..

and the story about the art dying out in the PI in the 70's is total BS it was stronger than ever in cebu.
for the record i have been practicing FMA for 17 years.

Terry,

You see I understand your point of view. The problem is not that I do not see both sides of the fence, it is that you do not see both sides of the fence. You see your side and only your side. It is your way and only your way. If you would stop and pose a question as opposed to insulting or attacking people, you might get more respect and have more people listen to your opinions.

Just my opinion

:asian:

moromoro

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
brisbane australia, zamboanga philippines, sorsogo
WELL OK.

I THINK YOU SHOULD USE MORE DETAIL IN THE STARS AND SUN. try to make them a close repersentation of the filipino flag, also the man on there i dont like it there, why dont you do something like the florida group on the FMA thread, it looks more deadly well thats first imprssions anyway.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WELL OK.

I THINK YOU SHOULD USE MORE DETAIL IN THE STARS AND SUN. try to make them a close repersentation of the filipino flag, also the man on there i dont like it there, why dont you do something like the florida group on the FMA thread, it looks more deadly well thats first imprssions anyway.

Was that so difficult? ;)

Mike

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
no that wasnt.

i think your an ******* renegade. well thats my opinion, nuff said. c ya

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm THE ****ING RENEGADE!!!!!!! And don't you forget it!

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
====================
Moderator Note.
Keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level. Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile). Thank you.

Further infractions will result in disciplinary action for all involved parties. This is a FINAL warning.

Cthulhu
-MT Admin.-

====================

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread locked because all the adults stopped posting.

Cthulhu
-MT Admin.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions