Help me find a solution

Fang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I have a need for a bag of some type I can really lay into but i don't have a lot of space. I have about six and a half feet verticle and my ceiling has a stucco applied to it so it cant touch the ceiling. BTW if you're not keeping score, I'm a 300+ pound fattie... So help finding a solution thats not gonna tip everytime I make contact with it would be awesome... Thanks in advance.

Yeti

Black Belt
Reaction score
This could be tough...at least from my knowledge of available heavy bags.

If you can't hang one from your ceiling, you're pretty much stuck with a free-standing bag and those do tend to move around and tip when you lay into them. I'll keep my eyes open - maybe someone else on the boards has a better solution.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have a need for a bag of some type I can really lay into but i don't have a lot of space. I have about six and a half feet verticle and my ceiling has a stucco applied to it so it cant touch the ceiling. BTW if you're not keeping score, I'm a 300+ pound fattie... So help finding a solution thats not gonna tip everytime I make contact with it would be awesome... Thanks in advance.

You may find something here.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ty, looks like either way it goes I'm gonna have to save up some money...

I hear ya. Nothing is cheap anymore! :) I don't know your space limits, but speaking for myself, if I had to choose one, this one stuck out at me.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
If only you could touch your ceiling. Because there is a cheap thing you could that would work seriously well for you. Actuly... you might be able to work around it...
Well, if you want to try it figure out how it could for you, maybe I'll give you the basic layout. All you need is a couple plastic bags, an 'eye' hook (in the orginal), a length of cord, and either a soccer ball or a basketball. Put the ball in 3-4 bags (helps to prevent it from just flying out after the first couple of hits), tie the cord to the handles. Tie the other end to the 'eye' hook, and screw it into the ceiling. This isn't exactly a heavy bag, but it is a good way to train reaction striking to a moving target.
You could probably rig it so it'll hang from the wall. Like with a speed bag stand.

Good luck man, let us know how this works out for you

OP
F

Fang

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Dang, those stands are just a few inches too tall...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you considered constructing a box-frame from the corners of the room with crossed beams across the top, the bag suspended from the middle - that way you don't have to touch the ceiling but have a broad and stable platform which wont move whatever you do to the bag.