Hello

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Iā€™m a thirty year practicitoner of Wutang (3 treasures /internal arts) and now I do WSLVT. I just found this place and decided to make an account for fun. Chinese martial arts is my life.
Sweet.

OP
D

dream

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
All of it.
I meant what would you say you are a proponent of if you had to choose one style or if you study under master currently/ if so what?.

For example I studied kyoshikan karate and got a black belt, I dabbled in kenpo, before spending decades with the 3 internal and then I am studying wing chun currently

did you study northern (wutang) or southern (shaolin)? If so what style, or what do you prefer?

@Xue Sheng thank you! (Hsing I is perhaps my favorite. As you know in the 3 treasures you must choose one to specialize in. While my interest lied deeply in the philosophy and circular movement of bagua, my natural ability and the most practical fighting mode <as the 3 treasures are like a trinity- same internal Gung fu with different approaches externally > is hsing i) may I ask you what your favorite was? Do you study anything else?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I meant what would you say you are a proponent of if you had to choose one style or if you study under master currently/ if so what?.
There are no good masters, only varying degrees of poor.

If I had to be a proponent of one thing??

I like Shaolin two ended staff fighting, and Iron Wire Qigong.
For example I studied kyoshikan karate and got a black belt, I dabbled in kenpo, before spending decades with the 3 internal and then I am studying wing chun currently

did you study northern (wutang) or southern (shaolin)? If so what style, or what do you prefer?
The Wutang mountains are in Hubei, south of the Shaolin temple in Henan.

Wutang and Songshan mountains are both in central China.

AS far as southern Shaolin, I've trained that very deeply.

OP
D

dream

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Very cool.

[And Yes ofc youā€™re right geographically speaking (, I meant in terms for the ā€œold vernacularā€ for the different schools but Iā€™ll make sure to use wutang or shaolin in consideration of what your point was)]

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
@Xue Sheng thank you! (Hsing I is perhaps my favorite. As you know in the 3 treasures you must choose one to specialize in. While my interest lied deeply in the philosophy and circular movement of bagua, my natural ability and the most practical fighting mode <as the 3 treasures are like a trinity- same internal Gung fu with different approaches externally > is hsing i) may I ask you what your favorite was? Do you study anything else?
As far as Chinese martial arts goes, This is over a period of 32 years. I have done a lot of Taijiquan, Yang and Chen, a little Wu and Sun. Trained some Baguazhang, Yin and Cheng 8 palm, and a swimming dragon form that if I remember correctly was Jiang. Trained a lot of Hebel Xingyiquan, some Wudang Xingyiquan, a bit of Shang and more recently I was training Shanxi. Also trained a bit of Wing Chun, and a little Long Fist

OP
D

dream

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello.

I practice Chen Taijiquan.
Hey, awesome. I like that family style
As far as Chinese martial arts goes, This is over a period of 32 years. I have done a lot of Taijiquan, Yang and Chen, a little Wu and Sun. Trained some Baguazhang, Yin and Cheng 8 palm, and a swimming dragon form that if I remember correctly was Jiang. Trained a lot of Hebel Xingyiquan, some Wudang Xingyiquan, a bit of Shang and more recently I was training Shanxi. Also trained a bit of Wing Chun, and a little Long Fist
Then I am in good company!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, bro.

callagon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Iā€™m a thirty year practicitoner of Wutang (3 treasures /internal arts) and now I do WSLVT. I just found this place and decided to make an account for fun. Chinese martial arts is my life.
welcome!

Latest Discussions