Hello from Utah

bwindussa

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good Morning,

My name is Brad. I just discovered this excellent forum a few days ago and wanted to say hello. Here's a little bit about myself;

Born and raised in Utah. I've travelled around the western US a bit but I regret I haven't seen more of the world first hand.

I began training in a Togakure style back in the late 1980's, but somewhere around 1996 I had a terrible knee injury that put me on a 'perma-gimp' status until earlier this year when I had a total knee replacement. On that note, if I had known these replacements would help this much I would have done it ten years ago. It's amazing, sometimes I go a whole week and then realize I haven't fallen down once!

Sorry, I digress a lot. With the success of my surgery I have been feeling strongly the need to dump this fat I've accumulated and return to actively controlling my life. I'm currently seeking a place to train and will lose my 120 (wow, that much???) extra pounds in the next year and become a better husband, father, and me.

Wish me luck, I need all that I can get.

And a huge thank you to everyone here for all the positive attitude and energy I feel. this is a good place.

take care,
Brad

ps, sorry for typing mistakes, I learned ona manual typewriter in the 1970's :)

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

Welcome aboard! Best of luck with your knee and future training! So you know, though, the Togakure Ryu name hasn't been used for a long time, so be on the lookout for Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, Genbukan Ninpo (or Kokusai Jujutsu Renmei/KJJR), or Jinenkan Jissen Kobudo if you are wanting to get back into that training. There are also a number of legit branch-off organisations (one of which I am a member of), but you're safer looking for one of the big three, at least to begin with.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome and good luck on acheiving your goals. they are quite worthy :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Brad and Welcome to MT....

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hello Brad! I'm a Utahn here welcoming you to MT! :wavey:

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions