Hello from Lakewood, co

celestial_dragon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
I am new to this website, and would like to introduce myself. In the late 70's and 80's I studied Red Dragon Shaolin long fist. In 1987 I went to army basic training and studied hand to hand combat. After the first gulf war, I studied Wing Chun under Master Augustin Fong. I few years later I studied Wah Lum Tam Tui Praying Mantis. I am now studying Wing Chun again under Master Fong.
I have been a mechanic for the last three years.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! Seems lik you have an impressive history, although I've never heard of Wah Lum Tam Tui praying mantis or Red Dragon Shaolin Long Fist. What are they like/what's their focus?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome! I grew up in Applewood, went to Wheatridge and Golden High, graduated in '79 from Golden and went straight into the Marine Corps. Worked for the Lakewood PD, and Martin Marietta Denver Aerospace as a security guard during the 80's. Mostly lived around Kipling and Jewell, although I lived for awhile just north of Colfax near Simms. You know me, I'll bet. I studied Wado briefly at a place in Lakewood off of Colfax with Sensei Sadaharu Kurobane. I live in the Detroit area now and have studied Isshin-Ryu for going on five years.

OP
C

celestial_dragon

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The name wah lum is were there was a temple in china and tam tui is the family style of norther praying mantis. shaolin long fist is one of the oldest kung fu styles, lost of high kicks and long punches it is an external style.

Latest Discussions