Hate Your Dentist? Not after these pics.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Found these at one of my favorite sites... :rolleyes:
Pictures of dentists hard at work... elsewhere in the third world or at least not quite as developed areas as they could be.
I'm guessing Pakistan, Turkey, Shanghai and a few other places... either way, you got tooth problems? These would be the guys you'd probably see.

So next time your dentist sets you up an appointment... be grateful when you step into that nice, clean, sterile and throughly modern office.

Attachments

• $dentist 01.jpg
    $dentist 01.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 139
  • $dentist 16.jpg
    $dentist 16.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 156
  • $dentist 15.jpg
    $dentist 15.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 151
  • $dentist 12.jpg
    $dentist 12.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 140
  • $dentist 10.jpg
    $dentist 10.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 148
  • $dentist 08.jpg
    $dentist 08.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 163
  • $dentist 07.jpg
    $dentist 07.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 147
  • $dentist 06.jpg
    $dentist 06.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 143
  • $dentist 05.jpg
    $dentist 05.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 163
  • $dentist 04.jpg
    $dentist 04.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 150
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
and a few more...

Attachments

• $dentist 18.jpg
    $dentist 18.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 146
  • $dentist 19.jpg
    $dentist 19.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 160
  • $dentist 20.jpg
    $dentist 20.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 139
  • $dentist 22.jpg
    $dentist 22.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 142
  • $dentist 23.jpg
    $dentist 23.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 130
OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
that cant be healthy?
It probably isn't but what's the alternative. Tie a string to the offending tooth and a door knob? Either that or start a bar fight and just smile the whole time, pointing at your mouth saying... "here, here...right here..."

I'm not going to doubt that the "dentists" have degrees and training and know what they're doing. But in these (obviously) poor countries (ok maybe not china...) they can't open an office of their own and most likely their clientèle can't even afford the prices they would have to charge just to keep said office open. So, do the best you can to raise a few pennies a day to feed the family and provide a much needed and valuable service.
Might as well put all that training and money spent for it to good use.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
wow horrible pictures...

What's horrible about them? That's how things are in those countries... though I'm sure they do have modern and clean dental facilities. But considering the poor they couldn't afford them. So make do the best you can.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The way things are headed in the US, it just might get to that point... Streetside docs. I can see the reality tv show now...

Anyway, in the Philippines, there's all kinds of medical procedures that can be discussed and haggled over for the fraction of what those procedures cost in the US. I saw mostly cosmetic surgery, but it's not too hard to imagine dental work with that same mentality.

I lost a tooth last year. My new ceramic one cost $1200 to make... That was before my insurance kicked in, which brought the total cost down considerably. When I went to the Philippines, the cost for the exact same thing with a real doctor (1 dentist to 10 'assistants' where I went) was $45US.

We may laugh at people in those countries. But I think we're getting had over here, too. It's all a matter of perspective.

Latest Discussions