Has MMA surpassed traditional MA in its effectiveness

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
yeah they do and gracie aint got nothing to do with it so leave em out of it dog ! i ve seen fights were one dude drops the other with a punch to the face and gives him a chance to get up - but you see that aint gonna happen everytime not everyone is that righteous most cats will go in for the kill and comense with the ground and pound.
LOL! You state something that is nearly a copyrighted phrase of the Gracies's and no one talked about before they started saying, but it has nothing to do with them. Ok. And check out some of the other posts, dog, there is plenty of material for you to review.

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
everybody gots there own views based on there personal exp. sounds like some of you havent had a street fight in decades were you had to put your sd awareness to the test.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
everybody gots there own views based on there personal exp. sounds like some of you havent had a street fight in decades were you had to put your sd awareness to the test.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh it must be decades at least or maybe just a few days ago lol!

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
what does it really matter ? it might be my third or fourth but what does that got to do with ma ? dont get side tracked tez lifes to short - it was a simple question Has MMA surpassed traditional MA in its effectiveness and you guys took it ran with it back flipped with it now live with it ... on the real : is English your second language? sounds racist !

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what does it really matter ? it might be my third or fourth but what does that got to do with ma ? dont get side tracked tez lifes to short - it was a simple question Has MMA surpassed traditional MA in its effectiveness and you guys took it ran with it back flipped with it now live with it ... on the real : is English your second language? sounds racist !

There's a rather good programme called 'Dad's Army' where one of the catch lines is 'Stupid Boy!' oh how apt here.

I ask if English is your second language because what you are posting is gibberish, it doesn't make any sense, it might to you but if you can't express yourself how on earth are we supposed to understand your points of view. I might even agree with you if I knew what the hell you are talking about! Your post that I highlighted makes no sense what so ever. Life certainly is too short to try and decipher your posts chum!

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Suicide,

I understand most of your posts, and understand much of the tones and slang that goes with it. It is beneficial however to re-read your own posts once or twice, as I do, and make sure most people will understand it. Check for errors in punctuation, grammar, spelling etc. I am guilty of these things too and have come off sounding ignorant on many occasions.
For example, many people might not understand what ' on the real ' means. You feel me:)

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Suicide,

I understand most of your posts, and understand much of the tones and slang that goes with it. It is beneficial however to re-read your own posts once or twice, as I do, and make sure most people will understand it. Check for errors in punctuation, grammar, spelling etc. I am guilty of these things too and have come off sounding ignorant on many occasions.
For example, many people might not understand what ' on the real ' means. You feel me:)
You see that? I forgot to check that last sentence and forgot to put a question mark.

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
There's a rather good programme called 'Dad's Army' where one of the catch lines is 'Stupid Boy!' oh how apt here.

is that really called for tez ? stupid boy ?

this is a ma fourm whats wrong with you ?

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol. This dead horse is starting to stink.

Dude, I believe even the flies have gone home at this point...

2003 I believe....not quite a decade yet, but he did go to the ground in a heap after two hits (kick to the nutz followed by a hook behind the jaw line) LOL

yeah thats what im saying , bunch a funny style charecters up in this piece.

I to enjoy the vast diversity of personalities up in this piece.

I don't believe Tez is a racist. You'll have to pardon her as the English are not familiar with Ebonics.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Question asked, question answered MANY times, you still refuse to listen.

If you're not happy, I'm sorry, but I can't control that. Nobody is forcing you to continue to post.

Good day.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

And if people are running around with nothing better to do than fight, well, that shows how childish some are. Keep drinkin' the Gracie Aid though. :)

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
R.I.P. Has MMA surpassed traditional MA in its effectiveness ( THREAD ) :)

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yes, it has been close to a decade for me in a street fight(8yrs). In the time since my last "street fight," I have become a CCH holder and I choose to pick my altercations based on whether or not I have to use my carry gun. For most of us that have been in true life or death situations, we choose to not enter into conflicts like the pathetic example videos you posted.

My assessment of your thread is that you are trying to use it to make yourself appear to be a street fighter of sorts. If this is the case, you should probably wait until you grow up to start fighting. And you will need to get some training, regardless of it being TMA or MMA. I find your attacks on upstanding members of this forum and the MA community to be distasteful and very disrespectful. I am not sure what you are trying to prove, but you may want to rethink your strategy. I don't like having to be overly direct with you, but it is needed.

My apologies to the other members of this forum, if I offend you with my comments to suicide, but it is needed.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

is that really called for tez ? stupid boy ?

this is a ma fourm whats wrong with you ?

Yes!

What's a ma fourm?

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
sometimes you dont have to choose conflicts they choose you but anyways like i said R.I.P. to this thread its over and done with it...maybe one day when i turn 50 i´ll have my first fight and ill come here and tell you guys about it PEACE LOVE UNITY RESPECT.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score

I have been lucky enough never to have been in a street fight. Luck may have something to do with it, but a bigger part is probably common sense and awareness. There are areas I don't visit at all unless I am with a local. I park my car in well lit areas. I always sit my back against the wall and locate a way out as soon as I get in. And if I have a bad feeling about something or someone, I happily leave or make a detour way before there is a situation in the first place.

Then again I am also the kind of person that has smoke detectors in several places, fire extinguishers on every floor, and multiple evacution routes.

I ask if English is your second language because what you are posting is gibberish, it doesn't make any sense, it might to you but if you can't express yourself how on earth are we supposed to understand your points of view.

English is my third language. If I can learn English, anyone can. It has nothing to do with that. Trying to use proper punctuation, spelling, grammar etc come from a desire to be clear and unambiguous.

If I were to use slang or street talk, many people would not understand the point I was trying to make. That is also why I rarely write very brief one liner posts.

Unless I make an effort to explain precisely what I mean, chances are that the person reading my post will not understand. Studies have shown that almost 50% of the time, people fail to judge the tone (and as a result also the intent) of a forum message.

Latest Discussions