Hard block and parrying.

Which do u think is more effective and practical

• Hard Block

• Parry

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

I like parrying myself. It dosent require any more speed or reaction time than a hard block and it generaly uses less energy than a hard block. It can also be less painfull.

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am going to be enigmatic here and say both are and neither are...

In my opinion you should do whatever is appropriate at the time, be it blocking, parrying, counter striking,pre-emptive striking, whatever.
Just an opinion.:asian:

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
I am going to be enigmatic here and say both are and neither are...

In my opinion you should do whatever is appropriate at the time, be it blocking, parrying, counter striking,pre-emptive striking, whatever.
Just an opinion.:asian:
I'm there! I must agree with this statement. Neither is better than the other. I have used both depending on the situation,so therefore, I train and teach both.

OP
A

Autocrat

OK - good topic... do you feel like re-doing it with more options.... say do 2 polls... one against a soft attack, (jab, push, lead hand strike, snap kick or any cumbersome front round attack such as round house K/P, uppercut etc.), and a second poll against a hard attack, (cross, chop, drive punch, spear hand, thrust kick, axe kick etc.)

You know, give us more options as well, soft block, hard block, parry, take etc.

Then I think you will see some real results in peoples prefences... some style practice set modes of defence, others are more flexible... then there is preference.... have a go!

Latest Discussions