Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Saw a sign in downtown Salem, MA promoting the website:

www.HalloweenSafety.org

There are some embedded plugs for the site's sponsors...but overall good...and sobering...tips for kids and adults alike.

Sample tips:

halloween_safety_caution.jpg
Make sure that if your child is carrying a prop, such as a scythe, butcher knife or a pitchfork, that the tips are smooth and flexible enough to not cause injury if fallen on.

Explain to children the difference between tricks and vandalism. Throwing eggs at a house may seem like fun but they need to know the other side of the coin as well, clean up and damages can ruin Halloween. If they are caught vandalizing, make them clean up the mess they've made.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Explain to children the difference between tricks and vandalism. Throwing eggs at a house may seem like fun but they need to know the other side of the coin as well, clean up and damages can ruin Halloween. If they are caught vandalizing, make them clean up the mess they've made.

Yesterday morning, we (my husband and I) woke up to find our car damaged by three very large stones (salad plate sized). The side mirror, driver's door panel, and door window frame were severely dented. The stones were left near our car. I'm surprised the windows weren't damaged (it looked like the stones were thrown hard aiming for the windows and missed).

I found our neighbors down the street had the same thing happen to them. Why do "kids" (I'm assuming this was caused by kids) think this is a fun thing to do during Halloween time?

- Ceicei

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
[/color][/font]
Yesterday morning, we (my husband and I) woke up to find our car damaged by three very large stones (salad plate sized). The side mirror, driver's door panel, and door window frame were severely dented. The stones were left near our car. I'm surprised the windows weren't damaged (it looked like the stones were thrown hard aiming for the windows and missed).

I found our neighbors down the street had the same thing happen to them. Why do "kids" (I'm assuming this was caused by kids) think this is a fun thing to do during Halloween time?

- Ceicei

Migosh Ceicei I am so sorry to hear about that. :(

One of the other tips is rather revealing:

Explain to your kids that animal cruelty is not acceptable. Kids may know this on their own but peer pressure can be a bad thing. Make sure that they know that harming animals is not only morally wrong but punishable by law and will not be tolerated.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Unfortunately sometimes when kids get together, they do things that they wouldn't do when they were by themselves....and unfortunately not all parents instill the same values of respect for others.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Every year our subdivision gets most of the kids because the homes are close together.

We have notice those kids that wear those plastics light rings around their necks and arms or on the body....makes a very noticeable person or kids.

Carrying lighted lanterns are good too. Reflector tapes works when a light is shine on them. You see this on running shoes at nights (joggers), Still you wish they would wear more those reflector tapes! ..and/or plastic lights.

Lights...seems like the best way to alert for attention! ...for the kids!

E-bay is a good place to find them at a reasonable price and sizes....

Off course (Ninji's do not want to be seen or heard)....maybe that is why the get less candies?

Aloha (should we pass out "pineapples"? and coconuts? ) UM? ....heavy stuffs here......

Latest Discussions