hair pulling

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have dragged people backwards with a hair pull. I have seen a friend of mine drag a guy across the ground by his hair. Which are things you couldn't really do with just head control.

So there would be some sort of specific tricks with hair pulls.

I used hair to secure a hammer lock from time to time.
Ditto. On the hammer lock control, not on the dragging someone around, that's undignified. For me. I was not terribly concerned about the dignity of the "ejected" by that point.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe any of the fights on Jerry Springer are real. If you ask me, I would say they're about as realistic as pro wrestling.
Wait... are you saying that wrasslin' aint' real?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ditto. On the hammer lock control, not on the dragging someone around, that's undignified. For me. I was not terribly concerned about the dignity of the "ejected" by that point.

I am all about the hilarity when it comes to ejections.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am all about the hilarity when it comes to ejections.

I was so young when I was bouncing, I tried to make it all about intimidating onlookers so that the reputation would do most of the work, later on.

This is terribly sexist, too, but it did have a certain ... effect on the other gender, and I was not immune, nor unaware, of that effect at age 21. Apologies. Misspent youth.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I was so young when I was bouncing, I tried to make it all about intimidating onlookers so that the reputation would do most of the work, later on.

This is terribly sexist, too, but it did have a certain ... effect on the other gender, and I was not immune, nor unaware, of that effect at age 21. Apologies. Misspent youth.

We had a competition there at one point to see if we could pull off a dance move while dragging someone out.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I never did a style that taught hair pulling but it can still be a very effective fighting technique. Maybe some styles should incorporate it.
When I teach self-defense applications, I always tell my students "Where the hair goes, the head goes. And where the head goes, the body follows.......unless you are attacked by somebody wearing a wig." :)

Latest Discussions