Grand Rapids, Michigan

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a Kenpo or other good self defense school around Grand Rapids, MI? Preferably a little north of Grand Rapids, but I know there is not much up that way.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Michigan is pretty much kenpo-free except for maybe a couple Tracy schools on the east coast near Detroit, and one Parker (Trejo lineage) out east also.

OP
kenpofighter

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, I am open to what is good right now. I would like to do some research on the school and style myself anyway. I was kind of thinking there was not too many Kenpo schools up there because I was having a hard time finding any online. It it is Kenpo I would be looking for Parker's style. I know that when I fist found the school I am going to right now, the school had not put anything up online yet. Thanks both for your help and if anyone else has anything to add, I am open for suggestions.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you would be so kind, I would appreciate a follow up as to what you find. This thread is timely as I have a friend/co-worker from the Grand Rapids area who is also looking for a self-defense/martial arts course right now. Thank you.

OP
kenpofighter

kenpofighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sure, I will let you know if I find anything. I am actually looking for my boyfriend who lives up there. If he tries any of them out, I will report back what he thought of them.

kenpoinstructor

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a Kenpo or other good self defense school around Grand Rapids, MI? Preferably a little north of Grand Rapids, but I know there is not much up that way.

I just moved out here from San Diego, CA and opened a Kenpo Gym at Blues Gym in Grand Rapids area on Kalamazoo Ave. Great location. 25 years n Kenpo. 4th Degree Black Belt. 40 years in martial arts, Judo, JKD, Boxing, Ju-Jitsu, Aikido, Kali. Excellent training and teaching. #rd Generation under Chow/ Parker.

Call Tim at 858-736-6891. Taking on limited number of students only.

Midnight-shadow

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I just moved out here from San Diego, CA and opened a Kenpo Gym at Blues Gym in Grand Rapids area on Kalamazoo Ave. Great location. 25 years n Kenpo. 4th Degree Black Belt. 40 years in martial arts, Judo, JKD, Boxing, Ju-Jitsu, Aikido, Kali. Excellent training and teaching. #rd Generation under Chow/ Parker.

I think you missed the boat on this one buddy. This thread was started back in 2012 haha

kenpoinstructor

White Belt
Reaction score
Michigan is pretty much kenpo-free except for maybe a couple Tracy schools on the east coast near Detroit, and one Parker (Trejo lineage) out east also.

I think you missed the boat on this one buddy. This thread was started back in 2012 haha

Still doesn't hurt to advertise

Latest Discussions