MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Karasu Tengu
Let me get this straight:
stuff snipped

Please note that while not specifically spelled out in the forum rules, the ideas contained here are against the spirit of this forum.

Put another way "Posts that are racist, sexist, homophobic or bigoted are not allowed.".

Please, lets move back to the topic at hand. And please avoid quoting the material.

Thank you.
:asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Brother John
That's kinda funny.
Until you realize that some believe it.

:rofl: :rofl: :eek:
Your Bro.
John
John,
Unfortunately it is not funny at all. Not only does it totally go everything this board stands for, it goes against the spirit of the martial arts. In addition to that, if we let it stand and ignore for the uneducated tripe that it is, it opens us up to liability. Things like this cannot and will not go unadressed.

OP
P

pknox

Originally posted by MartialArtist
And the title of being the "Deadliest Man Alive" - hahahahahahahahahahahaha, what a joke, the deadliest guy alive IMO was an old guy from Asia a couple hundred years ago, but you can't match him up.

Just curious -- which old guy from Asia?

OP
P

pknox

Originally posted by OULobo
My guess would be Musashi.

That's what I was thinking too, but I was just wondering if he had someone else in mind.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Karasu Tengu
Let me get this straight:

He was a Hairdresser and died of an "exotic" blood disease.

Hmmmm can you say ****** and AIDS

Uh, was anyone aware that if you do a search of a person's posts or try to quote them then the original, hate filled, homophobic terms they use will be there for them to see?

As long as hate- filled bigots are allowed to frequent these boards and use their discrimtory language, then maybe the moderators should try to eliminate the hole in the software that allows others to see their messages of hate.

Incidently, Steve McGovern (Karasu Tengu) works in a supply capacity for the Navy in San Diego. It saddens me that the military allows such hate to exist in it's ranks. McGovern is obviously not concerned that his homophobic message will feature negativly on his performance. He has not apologized for it and does not seem contrite for his actions. When I went through basic training I witnessed another trainee use a racial term and he got an article 15 (non-judicial punishment that resulted in his losing one- third of his pay for the month) as a result. Either no one has told the military, and/or the standards of behavior have been lowered so much that McGovern does not seem to care if he uses the terms he used and is gets back to his superior officers.

OP
A

Acronym

"Count Dante held the first 'World Karate Championship' in 1962. This was the first open international Karate championship ever held. Count Dante' held this same championship for seven years (up to and including 1968). In 1967 Count Dante' held the first Professional World Karate Championship' which offered the winner $1O,000 in the contact Karate or Kick Boxing division. Black Belt magazine, in their August 1967 issue, criticized the event, polling the leadership of Karate in the United States, along with the heads of every major Karate organization to confirm their contempt of this innovative competition. All persons and organizations contacted criticized the championship without exception. It seems that Count Dante was always ten years ahead of his time because today the same type of contests are being held throughout the United States. The 1967 Champion-ship was won by Victor Ryther, sixth degree Black belt and a student of Count Dante. In 1968 Count Dante held the first professional 'World Fighting Arts Championship'. This was not an exhibition similar to the ones held now. Participants were not selected and the fighters were not matched up beforehand as they are today. In the 1968 championship there was a 10,000 cash prize offered the winner. The championship was open to all fighters from all fighting systems, styles or arts. Anyone could enter, such as professional boxers, wrestlers, judoka, karateists, kung fu experts, Thai boxers, street fighters, etc. In this contest there were no rounds, no protective gear or gloves were allowed and the winner was decided by knockout. "

sounds like mortal kombat to me.

Latest Discussions