Good News for Chocolate Lovers

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I passionately love chocolate! Sad to say and I don't mean to be funny, American chocolate is not very nice! I think it's made differently.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It definately is different. Best chocolate in the world is British white. I would KILL to be able to get that here.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I passionately love chocolate! Sad to say and I don't mean to be funny, American chocolate is not very nice! I think it's made differently.

Yeah, it's different.
The good chocolate from Aldi has a different effect on me than the US stuff.

I hear even Cadburry tastes better in the Motherland!

(but according to the theory, Germans ought to kick butt and Switzerland as well, should be beating Sweden by miles!)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aldi and Lidl here are known as really cheapy shops, is it the same anywhere else? Though they do sell a lot of German food which suits a good many Army wives who are German, everyone likes a taste of home.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I am not all that passionate, but I have a soft spot for dilletante chocolates, a local seattle company. They used to make the chocolate across the street from my high school, and I'd routinely buy the truffles that weren't pretty for almost nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Aldi and Lidl here are known as really cheapy shops, is it the same anywhere else? Though they do sell a lot of German food which suits a good many Army wives who are German, everyone likes a taste of home.

cheap? Yes, but (mostly) not lower quality.
The chocolate is well worth the trouble finding a store. (and their beer is not half bad either)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
cheap? Yes, but (mostly) not lower quality.
The chocolate is well worth the trouble finding a store. (and their beer is not half bad either)

Hmm...no kidding? The first Aldi in NH opened a few months ago. May have to go on a road trip!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmm...no kidding? The first Aldi in NH opened a few months ago. May have to go on a road trip!

bring your own shopping bags and a quarter for the buggy (but you get that back)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
bring your own shopping bags and a quarter for the buggy (but you get that back)

So I heard. My corporate HQ (in another state) is actually across the street from one. I didn't know it was a European chain when I was there on site, I just knew it as this "odd sort of grocery where they don't give you bags and hassle you to use a cart" or something like that. :lol: Next time I'm down there I'll check it out, but I think I'll have to go to the NH one first.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And once again, this explains why women are just a cut ahead of us men in mental capacity. Valentines day and the such, we guys, are always indulging them with chocolate goodies. Finally, the truth be told. :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And once again, this explains why women are just a cut ahead of us men in mental capacity. Valentines day and the such, we guys, are always indulging them with chocolate goodies. Finally, the truth be told. :)

A wise woman shares her chocolate with her beloved :D

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This may be man cave stuff, might need to bring this topic up. "All in fun of course" :)

Latest Discussions