good books

bcbernam777

Brown Belt
Reaction score
e_speedygonzales said:
does anybody know of any good books they thought was useful in wing chun?

In my opinion buying Wing chun books will only confuse you in terms of the art, find yourself a good sifu (rare as hens teeth) and focus on their teaching.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
bcbernam777 said:
In my opinion buying Wing chun books will only confuse you in terms of the art, find yourself a good sifu (rare as hens teeth) and focus on their teaching.

I would say wing chun books are great as a reference tool and can help to enforce certain ideas. I would say they are useless if you have no teacher but if you study the art they aren't so bad.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
e_speedygonzales said:
does anybody know of any good books they thought was useful in wing chun?

Useful to some acute degree:

wing chun compendium - wayne belonoha

Simply Wing Chun Kung Fu - shaun rawcliffe

barriecusvein

Green Belt
Reaction score
Simply Wing Chun by Shaun Rawcliffe is a good reference book. It is a very good reference guide. But as the others say its useless without a good Sifu to really teach you. The priority is always to find a good Sifu.

Ric Flair

Green Belt
Reaction score
barriecusvein said:
Simply Wing Chun by Shaun Rawcliffe is a good reference book. It is a very good reference guide. But as the others say its useless without a good Sifu to really teach you. The priority is always to find a good Sifu.

I find certain books good reference and note providers for when you are away from your Sifu for a short or long period of time. It is good to have these and study principle opinions from different Wing Chun instructors/authors. But remember, if you COMMIT too much to a book (or anything in life) and neglect the other aspects of training in your Art...... you can become OFF BALANCE (off Center)......

Latest Discussions