Godan After 28 Years as Yondan

Sensei Tom O'Brien

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am really excited to be the recipient of a Godan in Vee-Jitsu this weekend. It is the 50th anniversary of the Hanshi of our system and I was told I would be promoted to Godan. I have been a Yondan in Vee-Jitsu for 28 years now and I feel as though I deserve it by now. I just promoted my first Shodan about 3 weeks ago and I feel as though it is appropriate at this point. Last year I took 4 medals and a 2nd pl. trophy myself. My students are State Champions in the AAU and I am an R rated AAU official. I am very grateful for this opportunity. I hope you guys don’t mind that I share this but it has been a long time coming (plus I am not getting any younger).
Thanks,
Tom

Congratulations and cheers, Sensei Tom! :highfive:

I am really excited to be the recipient of a Godan in Vee-Jitsu this weekend. It is the 50th anniversary of the Hanshi of our system and I was told I would be promoted to Godan. I have been a Yondan in Vee-Jitsu for 28 years now and I feel as though I deserve it by now. I just promoted my first Shodan about 3 weeks ago and I feel as though it is appropriate at this point. Last year I took 4 medals and a 2nd pl. trophy myself. My students are State Champions in the AAU and I am an R rated AAU official. I am very grateful for this opportunity. I hope you guys don’t mind that I share this but it has been a long time coming (plus I am not getting any younger).
Thanks,
Tom

Congratulations Renshi...
--josh

Congrats and keep training.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

Congrats!!!:ultracool :ultracool

Good things come to those who wait.
Great job
Kosho

Patience payed off for you in a huge way. A very deep bow to you. Congrats.

Thanks for all the well-wishes everybody. I really appreciate it. We have to just keep on carrying the torch day after day.
Thanks Again,
Sensei Tom

Back