Getting an Education

OP
E

edhead2000

Not useless..........at least I'll remember!

OP
E

edhead2000

We had to create a patient education brochure for Communications class......well, a friend and I decided to do a brochure on erectile dysfunction. I swear it was HIS idea.....

Anyways, we used this as our logo. Hopefully it animates on here.

Attachments

• $impotence2.gif
    $impotence2.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 130

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
edhead2000 said:
We had to create a patient education brochure for Communications class......well, a friend and I decided to do a brochure on erectile dysfunction. I swear it was HIS idea.....

Anyways, we used this as our logo. Hopefully it animates on here.
Hmmmm , me thinks you have a fixation ;)

OP
E

edhead2000

Rich Parsons said:
Hmmmm , me thinks you have a fixation ;)
Erectile dysfunction is a common condition that affects roughly 30 million American men. However, almost ALL men have some form of erectile dysfunction at some point in their life. Being that this is a big issue in medicine today, we felt it was appropriate to educate our patients on the causes and treatments (many of which are pharmaceutical) of erectile dysfunction. I do not have a fixation, I just thought our logo for our brochure was funny. As did my professors. And it wasn't my idea.......it was all Russ's idea.....

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
edhead2000 said:
Erectile dysfunction is a common condition that affects roughly 30 million American men. However, almost ALL men have some form of erectile dysfunction at some point in their life. Being that this is a big issue in medicine today, we felt it was appropriate to educate our patients on the causes and treatments (many of which are pharmaceutical) of erectile dysfunction. I do not have a fixation, I just thought our logo for our brochure was funny. As did my professors. And it wasn't my idea.......it was all Russ's idea.....
Silly Young Lady * Poke * As Tess puts it, I was teasing you. :D

Education is always good. I like the idea of education and spreading knowledge.
:asian:

OP
E

edhead2000

Just like when I tease you about something and you just give me these long speeches about this and that........

Taimishu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Silly Young Lady * Poke * As Tess puts it, I was teasing you. :D

Education is always good. I like the idea of education and spreading knowledge.
Education is good I got an MSc at age 52.
If I can think back to when I was at uni ( Julius was caesar and Pontius was a pilot in the Jewish air force) we had a right nutter of a prof who had false teeth, he used to take them out and have them on the front of the podium. Guess where our attention was. He was the one who taught me the saying "if it aint broke don't fix it" and "never get a machine mad at you they bite", and they do.

David

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Go edumakation! Shepherd closed two dorm halls because of asbestos!

www.shepherd.edu has all the info they WANT to release to the public. People are up in spare dorm spaces, study lounges, and hotels in Martinsburg...which baffles me because there is a hotel right next to campus...oh well, at least the bus runs out to the hotels.

and i have escaped roommate placement...so far...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good for you, Taimishu!

TheRustyOne, I've seen schools put people up in hotels before when forced to do so...sometimes the students love it, sometimes they don't. How is it going there?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TheRustyOne said:
Go edumakation! Shepherd closed two dorm halls because of asbestos!

www.shepherd.edu has all the info they WANT to release to the public. People are up in spare dorm spaces, study lounges, and hotels in Martinsburg...which baffles me because there is a hotel right next to campus...oh well, at least the bus runs out to the hotels.

and i have escaped roommate placement...so far...
Rusty et al,

Asbestos, itself is not dangerous in the walls or ceiling or elsewhere. It is dangerous to breath the dust. If the walls were breaking up then the dust is dangerous. If the building was going through renovations or plumbing updates or electrical updates or even had roof leaks, then it was the right thing to do.

Given
Open Letter to the Residents of Shaw and Thacher Halls

Shepherd College officials have closed Shaw and Thacher residence halls for the remainder of the spring semester.

Dust found on a staff member's desk in Shaw Hall was tested by Boggs Environmental Consultants, of Frederick, Maryland, and was found to contain asbestos. Inspections of the building Wednesday, March 17 found observable dust on surfaces. Air tests were taken throughout both buildings Thursday, March 18. Samples are at the lab for testing. As of this posting, lab results have not come back.
It was the right thing to do, to close the buildings and to properly dispose of the hazardous material.

It is always better to be safe than sorry in this case.

OP
T

TheRustyOne

It was spray-on asbestos, and believe you me, when someone in the floor above you did anything rough, it "snowed". Rough can be golfing in the halls, jumping up and down, or drunkenly stumbling around.

I got a roommate, but she's never here! I'm sure the people in the hotels are loving it because hall security won't be called on them for loud parties. Shepherd is giving a $200 check to all Shaw/Thacher residents.

I've heard complaints about the people taking things out being rough and/or packing stupidly. Someone had heavy books ontop of their laptop, etc. But at least they've begun to move people from Martinsburg and back to campus.