Getting an Education

E

edhead2000

I've noticed that a lot of you are in school or college, so I thought I'd just share my experiences with you all.

So today in class we were talking about pulmonary pharmacology and our profession says....."The lungs can't digest food, so when you aspirate food into your lungs it's a really really bad thing." The lungs don't digest food!?!?!?!?!?!? You mean I've been studying anatomy and pathophysiology for two years and noone ever told me!!!! Sometimes I wonder where the school finds these professors.......

So what are your good/stupid professor quotes? Anybody learn anything "new" today?? Please share!

Erin

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Our school newspaper has a weekly "Stupid Prof Quotes" column, but it's mostly things taken out of context to make them sound sexual, like when a mech. eng. prof. says "Now grab your rod..." or something.

OP
T

TheRustyOne

I LOVE my environmental science professors! They're all nuts, and really relaxed. Dr. Best (Chronuss has had him), Dr. Snyder, and Dr. Vila are the greatest, and my roommate and i hassle them all the time, and get hassled back! nothing bad, just little jokes. :p

But Dr. Snyder gives you a good challenge. And as long as he knows yer working, you will pass the class. My roommate, who is also an envi. sci., failed all of her Environmental Policy tests, and yet she passed with a C. She earned it because she really did well in class, just sucked on tests.

OP
T

TheRustyOne

wow, d00d, wow....yeah, that was an innocent statement, too...

OP
E

edhead2000

Quick thinking, theletch1......haha.

I loved my envi. sci. classes in undergrad. We got to play in the creek every week in lab and catch all kinds of critters. Of course we later killed them and dissected them for biology lab, but it's kinda cool to catch your own dissections!! I still miss playing in the creek........quite entertaining and fun!

Erin

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by edhead2000
Quick thinking, theletch1......haha.

I loved my envi. sci. classes in undergrad. We got to play in the creek every week in lab and catch all kinds of critters. Of course we later killed them and dissected them for biology lab, but it's kinda cool to catch your own dissections!! I still miss playing in the creek........quite entertaining and fun!

Erin

When I take stream ecology, we get to play in the Potomac R. cuz it's right in our backyard (literally! one of the dorm halls is rumored to be sinking b/c of erosion at the base of the cliff nearby!)

And Ocenography, we get to play on the Chesapeake Bay...when it's friggin cold out...grr...

Dr. Bell isn't an envi sci prof, but he takes care of a few bio classes i gotta have, and he's fun because as long as it's warm out and they are specimens around, he takes the class outside.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
...I was called a dolphin in my astro. class....Dr. Best is quite quirky..."Chad has hair...which makes Chad a mammal...therefore he is a Dolphin..." to which my relpy was "Ee...eee...ee...eeee...what's that Flipper...Timmy's trapped down a well...?" ...he had to think about it for a momment. :wink2:

OP
E

edhead2000

Now that sounds exciting! Just wear a wetsuit, very warm invention. :) Now I just get to play around with drugs in lab.......hehehe, I like it.

Erin

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by Chronuss
...I was called a dolphin in my astro. class....Dr. Best is quite quirky..."Chad has hair...which makes Chad a mammal...therefore he is a Dolphin..." to which my relpy was "Ee...eee...ee...eeee...what's that Flipper...Timmy's trapped down a well...?" ...he had to think about it for a momment. :wink2:

...don'tcha wish i was there to complete the seascape with my seagull call wafting down the hall?

...quirky doesn't describe Best....i don't know what does, but it aint quirky...

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheRustyOne
...don'tcha wish i was there to complete the seascape with my seagull call wafting down the hall?

...quirky doesn't describe Best....i don't know what does, but it aint quirky...

MIONE!!! MIONE!!!....Dr. Best...is....special....

OP
E

edhead2000

Originally posted by Chronuss

Ah-ha, deductive reasoning!! I was right, it does work. Ha!

Erin

OP
T

TheRustyOne

if'n'ya actually wore colors, he wouldn't need it!

Latest Discussions