Gas Prices to hit all time high this summer...

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
With gas prices, it feels like the consumer has absolutely no control. We could buy up all the hybrids in the world and there is still some reason why they stay up.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Joy. Gonna be fun driving my gas guzzler this summer. *sigh*

Well, at least I'll get some more use out of my motorcycle. :)

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was planning on buying a cheapo used economy car to drive back and forth to work this summer anyway. Looks like I might actually need to.

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
ginshun said:
I was planning on buying a cheapo used economy car to drive back and forth to work this summer anyway. Looks like I might actually need to.
Gotta be careful about that. Just make sure it's a decently running vehicle, as maintenance costs might bite you in the end, costing you more than you'd pay for gas.

ginshun

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
Gotta be careful about that. Just make sure it's a decently running vehicle, as maintenance costs might bite you in the end, costing you more than you'd pay for gas.
Point taken. I will probably end up spending a decent amount to get one that is only a couple years old. I need something else though, I drive 30 miles to work each way and the Wrangler is killing me on gas.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is there a real reason for this hike, other than greed?
I thought we fought a war for cheep gas?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Is there a real reason for this hike, other than greed?

:asian:

In order to cut down on the above and in order to save in my pocket book, the next car I buy will be a hyrid of some sort. Auto companies are making hybrid cars, SUVs, and soon will be making hybrid minivans - that is what I need considering all of the carseats I've got to put in my vehicles...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
No no No, that was over OIL.

Get it right.

:D

Or... wait... could that NOT have actually been the reason we fought? <GASP!> NO!

Musta been the oil.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
:asian:

In order to cut down on the above and in order to save in my pocket book, the next car I buy will be a hyrid of some sort. Auto companies are making hybrid cars, SUVs, and soon will be making hybrid minivans - that is what I need considering all of the carseats I've got to put in my vehicles...
Just stay outta California and Oregon where fuel efficiency is meaningless as they look to tax you by the mile.

C

Crom

I'd be grateful for that! I pay around £0.80 per litre here in the UK, works out at about $5.78 per US gallon, there's an Imperial gallon too but i think thats just a UK thing. Thats a 385% Tax!

Guess the states are bigger so you need to drive further, maybe who knows.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And yet the gov't gives breaks to company's for buying SUV's. Which consume even more gas, which means we can leave our (excuse me I slipped) oil wells unprotected

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guess the states are bigger so you need to drive further, maybe who knows.

"The difference between Americans and Europeans is that Americans think 100 years is a long time and Europeans think 100 miles is a long distance"

:)

C

Crom

FearlessFreep said:
"The difference between Americans and Europeans is that Americans think 100 years is a long time and Europeans think 100 miles is a long distance"

:)

:lol:

Nice one.