fundies say the darndest things!

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.fstdt.com/

a collection of quotes from various fundamentalist christian message boards. i'm not passing judgement on anyone's religions beliefs, but some of the conclusions that those beliefs lead to are far out.

jf

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh man oh man, are there some funny ****ed up quotes on there. ROFL!

seninoniwashi

Green Belt
Reaction score
LOL!!! Wow, some of these are out there! You can rate them too, this is great Jarrod!! I think this one's my favorite so far:

"Uh oh...wife found rapture letter
As if my wife didn't already think I was nuts!

Yeah, she pretty much flipped out when she found the file I have hidden on our computer. I have a notebook hidden in my dresser. Kind of a letter of warning and reminder of how much Jesus loves her and that I really want to see her again. It also tells how to find the hidden file on our computer.

I used one of the basic rapture letters from this site and she pretty much freaked out and threatened to leave. Well hopefully the seed is planted. Back to washing dishes, doing laundry, taking out the trash, and cleaning the litter box for Jesus!

I'm reminded more and more everyday how near our Lord is. "
http://www.fstdt.com/fundies/random.aspx?archive=1

My apologies if I offended anyone, it's all in humor and good fun :ultracool

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Some of the things are very skewed.

I find it horrific that some of the quotes preach violence,social prejudice,alienation,support of rape,and murder.

The sexual fantasies conjured up are twisted and sick.

But they are so perverted that only someone who deprives themself of sexual freedom could come up with it.

These things can not be the teachings of Jesus but a diluted abstract view of what mentally ill think of the teachings and pervert it to there delusions.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of the things are very skewed.

I find it horrific that some of the quotes preach violence,social prejudice,alienation,support of rape,and murder.

The sexual fantasies conjured up are twisted and sick.

But they are so perverted that only someone who deprives themself of sexual freedom could come up with it.

These things can not be the teachings of Jesus but a diluted abstract view of what mentally ill think of the teachings and pervert it to there delusions.
Wow, sounds like the "fundies" of a couple other religions that don't seem to get hammered as much as the Christians on internet forums. ;)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's moments like this ... where I read quotes like that about real situations ... that I am NOT sorry I didn't raise my children in the church. We discuss religion, we discuss what some people call "Christ consciousness" and general morality which can, I believe, be found without religion.

They have free minds and will, no doubt, find their way of praising, serving and honoring.

Scary yet important site. Thanks, jarrod.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I cried and got sad over reading that site.

If the posts are true on how they treat people, and I know from experience that they could well be, I know there are people out there being hurt by their actions.

That being said, it is their faith, and I follow my own path. So, I respect that they can choose their own, but I have always wondered about the effects on children.

I will continue to have my discussions in philosophy with people of religion including my friends of the clergy.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
In all fairness, don't you think we could come up with a database of ridiculous things said online by people claiming to be martial artists?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all fairness, don't you think we could come up with a database of ridiculous things said online by people claiming to be martial artists?

That would be funny but not dangerous. Martial artists don't go round killing people because they do a sidekick differently! Nor do they pursue you to 'teach you the truth', I like many Jewish people have been targeted by people anxious to convert me. I don't mind the Mormans or Jehovahs Witnesses as they are polite and talk to everyone but I've had people who were rude and threatening. It can be scary and very unpleasant.
A lot of people who are quoted on that site will also put into practice what they believe, bombing clinics, killing doctors etc. Harrasssing people who are gay or 'non believers'.

The sheer amount of ignorance shown in these quote is truly scary. Not the stuff about creation or evolution, but things like the Bible should only be read in English, that the Hebrew words come from English and the one that made me howl with laughter "Jesus wasn't a Jew, he was Jewish". The quotes about rape are horrendous. I can only my shake my head and despair of these people.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Do a search for me and posts on quotes. I think the thread is still around. There was lots of good humor and picking on me with quote out of context.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The amount of mindlessness, cluelessness, bigotry, hatred, stupidity and bull makes me giggle. Not in a good way. I'm amused by the amount of thickyness there, and so glad that these type of cretons rarely make it on here, and don't last long when they do.

I am a bit troubled. I believe my son has a girlfriend, because she left a dirty magazine with men in it under his bed. My son is only 16 and I really don't think he's ready to date yet. What's worse is that he's sneaking some girl to his room behind my back. I need help, God! I want my son to stop being so secretive!

Linda, Good news prayer room [Comments (3084)] [2006-Oct-28]

Hi Linda, I hate to tell you this, but, I don't think he's sneaking a girl in. Might wnt to check that magazine for fingerprints.

There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least.

AV1611VET, Christian Forums [Comments (162)] [2006-Sep-12]

That's it. Don't let facts, reason or reality get in the way of a good bout of blind faith.

You got it backwards.

Creationism is based upon science, reason and tons of evidence.

Evolution is based on the blind acceptance of superstitions and fairy tales.

CRASH, Theology Online [Comments (242)] [2006-Jul-18]

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I often debate with evolutionists because I believe that they are narrow mindedly and dogmatically accepting evolution without questioning it. I don't really care how God did what He did. I know He did it.

TexasSky, Christian Forums [Comments (145)] [2006-Aug-24]

Uh huh. He waved his magic wand and ... oh wait. That's that Satanic Harry Potter guy. Dang it.

If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James --- your original Hebrew is wrong. If your original Hebrew agrees with my original King James, your original Hebrew is right.

AV1611VET, Christian Forums [Comments (150)] [2006-Jul-20]

Well duh. I mean, who was the idiot who translated it from it's perfect English into all those old dead languages anyway? Who reads Latin and Aramaic now anyhoo?

Jesus is not a Jew. Jesus was Jewish.

awesomelegend, gaiaonline.com [Comments (193)] [2006-Nov-18]

Glad we cleared that one up. Just to be sure though, remember, Jesus wasn't a guy, he was a man.

There was no Lillith [Adam's first wife according to medieval folklore]. It is said that Eve was taken from Adam's hip. Man has ONE less hip than a woman. So, there could have only been ONE wife of Adam.

Sheth J. Rebbell, ChannelOne.com BBS [Comments (35)] [2004-Feb-01]

Well, there we have it folks. Men are less hip than Women. Says so is some bible somewhere. Mine mentions ribs, must be a southern version.

The people in this country may be diverse, but only one God exists-- and Jesus is not of Middle Eastern descent.

E J Broomell, One News Now [Comments (63)] [2007-Jul-16]

What is he? Chekoslavacian? :D

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess they'd be even madder if they knew that Lilith was actually G-ds wife not Adams wouldn't they? ( in myth of course lol!) I love the hip comment.

And they say ignorance is bliss....

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's moments like this ... where I read quotes like that about real situations ... that I am NOT sorry I didn't raise my children in the church. We discuss religion, we discuss what some people call "Christ consciousness" and general morality which can, I believe, be found without religion.

They have free minds and will, no doubt, find their way of praising, serving and honoring.

Scary yet important site. Thanks, jarrod.

What makes you think "The Church" has anything to do with this? Im Catholic and have NEVER heard any of this crap in church. Maybe some churches (more properly priests/pastors) do it, but you just move to a different church.

Not directed at you, but it seems like broad statements about "The Church" get a pass, while broad statements about liberals or democrats get laughed at...why is that?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like the "fundies" of a couple other religions that don't seem to get hammered as much as the Christians on internet forums. ;)

If you post up examples from Islam you are being bigoted, exclusive and brainwashed by the "war on terror" don't ya know.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do agree about the freedom for all faiths to be pilloried or venerated equally. I think for us 'Westerners', the 'Christian' ones ring funnier more instinctively because, for most of us, it's the faith we're most familiar with ...

... and because, sad to say, we're being programmed that we can't make fun of anyone elses race or religion, so we turn on our own.

Comedy, like nature, abhors a vacuum.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I do agree about the freedom for all faiths to be pilloried or venerated equally. I think for us 'Westerners', the 'Christian' ones ring funnier more instinctively because, for most of us, it's the faith we're most familiar with ...

... and because, sad to say, we're being programmed that we can't make fun of anyone elses race or religion, so we turn on our own.

Comedy, like nature, abhors a vacuum.

Truth.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score

Agreed. Hard to satirize what you don't know.

OP
jarrod

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
What makes you think "The Church" has anything to do with this? Im Catholic and have NEVER heard any of this crap in church. Maybe some churches (more properly priests/pastors) do it, but you just move to a different church.

to many non-catholics "the church" isn't necessarily the catholic one. a lot of the ideas in these quotes are predominately from the evangelical protestant tradition, although there is the odd catholic you will hear saying something like this. sure you can move to a different church, but the evangelical movement is a huge one right now & folks need to see how far some people take it.

Not directed at you, but it seems like broad statements about "The Church" get a pass, while broad statements about liberals or democrats get laughed at...why is that?

my man, when i was a fundamentalist christian not too much unlike these people, i thought the whole world was run by liberal athiest god-hating commies. after my paradigm shifted i felt like you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a fundie. i think whatever side you're on might seem like the oppressed one.

jf

Latest Discussions