Full Throttle with the Blue Angels

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Before an April 2006 air show at Naval Air Station Atlanta, AJC Staffer Steve Beatty joined Lt. Kevin Davis for a fun filled afternoon of barrel rolls and other tricks high above Athens in a 24 million F/A-18. Beatty only passes out three times. See the highlights

LINK

This is actually really cool. Click to watch Scene one and then click the next scene when it is done. The view you get is unbelievable.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ya me too... be an awesome ride, though I've heard that it not a good idea to scarf down 3 chili dogs before the ride... or scarfing anything for that matter... those pilots are quite used to it I suppose and those pressure suits help out a bit as well.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
I'ld pay real money to be able to do that ...

Very Cool.

me too.

Two things I always have wanted to do in my life before I die. Ride in a military type jet and visit outer space and see earth from out there.

I thought the video was amazing. So cool.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this

www.aircombat.com

They travel around the country doing dog fights. They don't use jets, at least not all the time. But, for a thousand bucks .... maybe I'll do it this October.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
michaeledward said:
Have you guys seen this

www.aircombat.com

They travel around the country doing dog fights. They don't use jets, at least not all the time. But, for a thousand bucks .... maybe I'll do it this October.
I've a friend who's dad is a self-made millionaire and owns several private planes, including a pair of Sternmans and a British fighter trainer jet. I'm sure he'd be koo-koo for cocoa puffs when he hears about this.

Latest Discussions